Can an at-home swimming pool be used as a business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another handy guy to talk to is your CPA. After a long and expensive tax audit over deductions for a home office which we ultimately "won", we no longer deduct the office because the cost of proving we are right was in the same range as the deduction. If we were not hoarders of paperwork, we would have lost as it was years after the fact they started the audit.

Bob

So that makes two in Canada... assuming you're talking about someone on the Wet Coast...

okanagan

I know an instructor who uses his little pool in his back yard near LA to teach. I have no idea about legality or deductibility, but he's been doing it for years and it is fine for one or two students.

I know an instructor who uses his little pool in his back yard near LA to teach. I have no idea about legality or deductibility, but he's been doing it for years and it is fine for one or two students.

I did my CW pool sessions in a pool in my instructor's backyard. In NJ. In February.

He had a huge inflatable bubble over it.

The only prohibition would be from the local council (here in Australia) or whoever controls land use. My brother teaches swimming in his pool and a new neighbour complained to council. He got shut down till be got a limited approval. I had friends who taught PADI courses privately using their own pool, no problem from PADI. The only trouble I can reallly see is the pool deep enough to give a good experience, most home pools probably are not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom