Can anyone help me identify this valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nefiii

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello all...

I recently found an image of this tank valve. It appears to be a DIN configured V shape valve. I tried to find a description for it on this forum, but couldn't narrow it down enough. I can't seem to find a name for it online either. Im not even sure what to call it for a web search. I believe it's in use in Europe. Just curious....

Thx

Maybe an image would help...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381351594773.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381351594773.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 149
Hello all...

I recently found an image of this tank valve. It appears to be a DIN configured V shape valve. I tried to find a description for it on this forum, but couldn't narrow it down enough. I can't seem to find a name for it online either. Im not even sure what to call it for a web search. I believe it's in use in Europe. Just curious....

Thx

We usually call them "Y" valves because of the shape. I'm not familiar with that particular one. Were you looking for what it's called or who makes them?

R..

Yes, I was trying to acquire one for a HP130 I own

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

---------- Post added October 9th, 2013 at 03:59 PM ----------

I'm familiar with the "H" valve, but I lije this design better...

I see.

I think you'll probably have some luck if you google "dual (or double) outlet cylinder valve"

I can't help you much more than that, I'm afraid. These particular valves are not common in Holland and since they're rare here I'm going to say that they're probably French. The turn wheels look like the ones you see on Beuchat valves. That might be a good starting place.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for the prompt response.

Found lots of stuff you don't see every day (at least in the USA) here at Dive Live. Not exactly what you want, but maybe you can live with it?

Yes! Thanks Wookie. I spotted that style of dual outlet valve precisely on Dive Live. I think that may be a viable alternative. One of my Tech Instructors told me he spotted my mysterious "V" valve in a Florida cave country dive shop, but couldn't remember the manufacturer. LOL, maybe the manufacturer's name will elude me forever. I think now I just want to know for the cognitive value!

Such valves are popular across the pond not so much in the USA. More often you see H valves. That said Beuchat made a Y valve for the imperial threads. Here is one on fleabay:

Beuchat 3400 PSI Valve Dual Outlet Scuba | eBay

Note : not my auction nor do I know the seller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom