Can I get a ruling on this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What exactly are the good and the bad of this little idea? (available from TDL)

necklace.jpg

Well let's see......

Good: Pre-made. Available in festive colors. Pull it out of the package and put it to use.
Bad: Expensive @ $10 each (you can make your own for less than $1). I have heard users complain that they don't hold the octo too well during (back roll) entries.

In my mind, the choice is clear--the less expensive solution is the better one. I'll just buy some bungee and make my own.

However I'm not exactly a DIR authority......(I think it's the CCR :wink:)

Brian

I'm just going to stick with shock cord for mine. I don't see spending $10 on something I can make essentially for free.
And since I make ~50 of them every semester I'm fairly efficient at making them. :D

Adobo:
What exactly are the good and the bad of this little idea? (available from TDL)

The bad: It's $10 for something you can make for 50 cents.

The good: It comes in yellow and pink.

According to GI3 the necklace should be short enough that you can pick the backup up with your mouth alone and that it'll hold it in your mouth (in case of oxtox) if you pull the necklace up behind your head like a mask strap.

If this is that size for you and holds the backup properly then it should be DIR for you as far as I can tell. The advantage of making your own of course is that it's cheaper and you get the right length loop.

Last time I bought some bungie I think it was .50 or .60 cents per ft.... :) I'm sticking with the DIY...

Ted if it makes you feel better I'll make you one and you can give me 10 bucks for it :)

Ben_ca:
Last time I bought some bungie I think it was .50 or .60 cents per ft.... :) I'm sticking with the DIY...

Ted if it makes you feel better I'll make you one and you can give me 10 bucks for it :)

Are you going to special scent it for him or something :winky: Ben_Ca musk...has a nice ring j/k

Ben_ca:

Actually, I was thinking of getting you a pink one for christmas to match your rig. :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom