Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nada, take out only and it's not all of them every day.

I've been in Playa all day the last two days. I had a bunch of time to kill yesterday and just walked down 10th Ave about 6-8 blocks to see what was going on, there was a handful of restaurants open for take out, a few trying to clean up, maybe a few hotels cleaning things up but basically nothing going on. Fifth Ave is tore up as far as I walked, they pulled all the pavers up including the park by the ferry - you could not walk down 5th Ave. Here's a pic of Playa 5th Ave.
OK, I'm out of here so I think I can post this. We have been eating at Casa Mission all week. We ate at another restaurant on the beach too. Casa Mission says it is fine to say they are open. I think they have about a third of the tables up. We have not been bothered by loud conversations at adjoining tables. Mostly just us.

OK, I'm out of here so I think I can post this. We have been eating at Casa Mission all week. We ate at another restaurant on the beach too. Casa Mission says it is fine to say they are open. I think they have about a third of the tables up. We have not been bothered by loud conversations at adjoining tables. Mostly just us.

So what’s the official word down here that applied for the last 8 weeks? Dine in restaurants open or closed?

I know folks that tip toed to the east side also. Sure you can swim in the ocean, if they don’t catch you.

Since you are here or were here, what’s the vibe when driving down Melgar, 30 or 65? Touristy?

No need naming restaurants, whatever deal they got going on to offer someone a table is great, you don’t want to mess that up for them - in general - that isn’t what is going on here by any means although I’m sure that’ll all change tomorrow night for June 8th. They are going to forge ahead with the reopening I’d guess no matter what and I hope the best for everyone!

Melgar is dead. 30th and 65th are somewhat busy. People are prepping, I think. The last few days we saw several restaurants that looked like they had tables available but only ate at two. People seem a little disbelieving about the seriousness and ready for a change.

Casa Mission said to get the word out.

People seem a little disbelieving about the seriousness and ready for a change.

That combination is exactly what concerns me. Plenty of the same, all around the world. I guess time will tell.

There is no way to tell what would have happened on a small island like Cozumel had quarantines not been in place.

Last two weeks, there's been a posting on the States "PR" facebook page, 10pm central time on Sunday night - will see if it's three weeks in a row. There's been no word though at all from the Port Authority, not even rumors.........

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The political offshoot to this thread has been removed. Please accept our invitation to visit the pub forum on Scubaboard for those spirited discussions.

Back
Top Bottom