Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be a little concerned as well. Of course you have no idea what was going on "back office", but from what you saw, were they all wearing masks?

Yes, the incubation period can be as long as two weeks, but do you know the modal number? Guess I've never heard it.
When my wife got back from picking up our food order last weekend she said all the restaurant employees were wearing masks but most of the customers were not. I am concerned that many people seem to be interpreting "gradual reopening" as "the pandemic is over". It's not, not by a long shot.

Dove Santa Rosa wall this am. Very nice although there is still is some issues with coral. Saw at least one dead brain coral.

Pictures???:snorkels:

You will have to wait I’m afraid. I only edit at the end of the trip here is one from last year at Santa Rosa though.. should keep you going,,,
773634C9-6B70-470D-A290-CFAE20B02CBC.jpeg

Dove Santa Rosa wall this am. Very nice although there is still is some issues with coral. Saw at least one dead brain coral.
Does brain coral recover? Last year when I was there I saw lots of hard coral with that banding look from different degrees of infection from the the stony coral tissue loss disease. Does it repopulate with new polyps when the old ones get killed?

Lamentaby not. The algae moves in. This isn’t the same as standard bleaching...as far as I am aware.
The reason I ask is that months later than my trip there in May 2019 I started seeing reports of "not that bad" and "only a few corals affected". When I was there it was everywhere. I didn't think it could get better in such a short time unless polyps can maybe repopulate a coral formation.

For those people asking about Lionfish. Probably saw 4 or 5 on Francesca and around 8-10 on Tunich Probably 75% were very small

Water very calm today. Mosquitoes everywhere , even 200-300 yards offshore on boat

Good to hear that things are officially open.

Only three more weeks until I head to Tulum.

Back
Top Bottom