Solved: Can you add a frown/unhappy face option to “like”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
uncfnp

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Is it possible to add a frown or unhappy :( face to the choices under “like?” Sometimes I want to acknowledge a post but if it is about something that is not good (coral disease in Bonaire) it seems wrong to “like” it. And the other choices work even less well.

It’s all about the poop storm for you today, isn’t it?
That’s the mood I’m in. Dealing with too much 💩 at work trying wrap stuff up before I head to MX next week.

I believe it would. The Disagree option very much has a “I think you’re wrong” feel to it, where :( is feels like more of a “I’m sorry to hear that”.
I think the disagree is useless, frankly. Disagreeing w/ someone is usually followed by a discussion as to why. Just having that silly face is pointless. The frown is far more applicable... at least in the areas of the board I inhabit.

I think the disagree is useless, frankly. Disagreeing w/ someone is usually followed by a discussion as to why. Just having that silly face is pointless. The frown is far more applicable... at least in the areas of the board I inhabit.
You would need vintage smilies... And those don't exist...

Would that be all that different than the Disagree option?
:disagree:
Doesn’t work since I may agree with the post. In my example, the post essentially states that because of current SCTLD will spread despite diver precautions. I don’t “like” this statement but I do agree with it.

But I can also see how a frown could be interpreted as disagreeing so maybe not a good solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom