Can you dive with a tampon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, you can definitely dive with a tampon, in fact, in my opinion, I prefer it. I would absolutely choose a tampon over some bulky pad that is going to absorb a lot of water, possibly smell and you will feel burdened with. I've never missed a day of diving due to my period, in fact, I've taught many classes and gone on trips with my period and never had to take it easy. As long as you don't have to restrict any other activity due to your period, you don't have to restrict your diving.
Just my 2 cents :)

Scubachick69:
There are many postings here about the combined effects of the menstrual cycle and diving on the female's physiology. Have a read here for more details:
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/articles/article.asp?articleid=9
Or look at other postings on this board.

General consensus is that there is no increased danger to shark attacks. But it is advised to take the diving easy during the first couple of days of your menses.

My question is: can you dive with a tampon? Would this create a plug and therefore a blocked air space. Surely this is equivalant of diving with ear plugs!!! Anybody ever heard anything? Links to scientific papers would be great.

:wink:

Tampon users:
So the sea water doesn't reach the tampon at all??
Sometimes I felt the water got inside, and ran out itself (I actually only felt it when it got out shortly after dives) ....

Tampon users:
So the sea water doesn't reach the tampon at all??
Sometimes I felt the water got inside, and ran out itself (I actually only felt it when it got out shortly after dives) ....

I've never experienced this.

There are many postings here about the combined effects of the menstrual cycle and diving on the female's physiology. Have a read here for more details:
Divers Alert Network
Or look at other postings on this board.

General consensus is that there is no increased danger to shark attacks. But it is advised to take the diving easy during the first couple of days of your menses.

My question is: can you dive with a tampon? Would this create a plug and therefore a blocked air space. Surely this is equivalant of diving with ear plugs!!! Anybody ever heard anything? Links to scientific papers would be great.

:wink:

Yes, but I'd rather have a buddy.

I've never experienced this.

I think it's quite normal. Water can get into body through any body orifice.

I swim a lot, and quite often I accidentally breathe in water deeply, and it just runs down itself thru nose minutes after swim.

During front crawl, I turn to my right to breathe, and water gets into my right year, and at that night after I sleep on my right side for a while, the water will run out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom