Canadian Liquid Air - Mentor - Blue Fifty Chromed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adairrj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,
I'd like to share some pictures of the new treasures of my collection...soon all pictures will be in CG-45.com :wink:
3f3dd298-53e2-459c-9077-ff71ae856acf_zpsc62397d8.jpg

d22b36a0-644e-45c5-b24e-024dca70ce5f_zps5968d401.jpg

981d4ed4-7f10-4ff1-a3a3-8a7dc4d6527d_zps12a20e46.jpg

519e1254-34a1-4119-a4f4-cbc5cbe2e204_zps13591f7b.jpg

3ffdeb9e-7f10-412a-8b1d-bbc4e054c41c_zpseefdfa1c.jpg

How did you acquire the Mentor.

Come on Cap. You pay anyone enough you can get anything. You know he can't tell you that. Navy property ect.

Last edited:
How did you acquire the Mentor.
Hi Captain,
It came from France...I traded it for some DHR I had duplicated in my collection!

---------- Post added March 30th, 2013 at 04:46 PM ----------

Besides who really cares? Money talks.

The owner didn't want to sell it....he is a collector....he wanted to trade it for other rare regulator...and he traded it...money didn't talk!

I new of two Mentors in private hands. I new one was in France, he is a very nice guy. He must have really wanted what you had in trade.

Actually, if that Mentor has not been in the water, maybe that is not the one I am thinking of.

Thanks for the pictures.

Last edited:
I new of only two Mentors in private hands. I new one was in France, he is a very nice guy. He must have really wanted what you had in trade.

---------- Post added March 30th, 2013 at 04:11 PM ----------

Actually, if that Mentor has not been in the water, maybe that is not the one I am thinking of.

Hi Luis,
Yes, I think is the same guy!! Very nice guy and a great collector!! He said there are more 3 in France. The Mentor that I got is a new one...never saw water!

Last edited:
adairrj, were these Mentors made in France, or the USA?

SeaRat

Every one is ignoring the Aire Liquide and this is a vintage board...I had an Aire Liquide as they were originally called in the 1950s...Probably the most dangerous regulator ever produced for a number of reasons. Most were tossed due to metric parts with the introduction of US produced DAs with SAE parts. You are fortunate to have this one. I will respond in detail on VDH when I have more time SDM

Back
Top Bottom