Cancun airport or PDC car rental suggestions or reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milkman670

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading to Playa for 2 weeks in Feb and am looking to rent a car. Just when I think I find a company with a few good reviews then find the slew of bad reviews show up. Any preferences or stay away from would be helpful.

Every company will have good and bad reviews. You have to read between the lines to determine what is real and what is just people who like to complain. I have rented from several of the non mainstream companies in Cancun and will return to America Car Rental when we are there in January. So far the price they quote has been the price we get. With the exchange it has been slightly higher and slightly lower but really close. I have a hard time going to one of the companies at the airport whose prices are so low that I know they are not real. I'd rather know what I am paying. America will let you rent in either Playa or Cancun and drop off elsewhere. The car from America and the others I have tried will come with little or no fuel showing on the gauge. Be prepared to put fuel in right away. Bring it back the same way. Rental cars are expensive in Q. Roo.

We rented a car in June and drove to Xcalak on the Mexico/Belize border. We used Easy Way Car Rental (Easy Way Cancun Car Rental | your Cancun Airport Rental Car). They are outside the airport to avoid the huge airport charges but they pick you up at your terminal and take you off-site. They are very reasonable and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom