Cancun airport to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RetMTFE

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking at Cozumel in October. From checking airfares, I can go into Cancun a LOT cheaper. It appears the trip from Cancun airport to Cozumel via bus and ferry is pretty painless. Would like to hear your own experiences and any suggestions.

Not entirely painless. I did it once and won't do it again. For a couple hours of your time and hassle (and money for ferry, bus), it wasn't worth it for me.

No problems at all with it, we took the ADO bus 45 minutes to Playa, waited 20 minutes for the ferry and then enjoyed the ride to Coz on the boat.

There is also a puddle jumper I have been wanting to try. $65 IIRC. one way. heard the view is great. Maybe only one bag pp though.

We have done the bus a couple of times and van once and taxi back from Playa to Cancun airport. You can barter on the price of the taxi. We got ours for $40 where as the van from Cancun to Playa was $65. I agree if you have a group I would do the van.

Last time down we got to the ferry pier about an hour before the next ferry over to Coz. About 9:00 PM, so we sat in the swings at the bar on the water and enjoyed a couple of adult beverages while waiting. Actually called our hotel on Cozumel and explained we were on the way and asked if they would crank up the AC for us. They did and it was nice to walk into a nice cool room.

Our flights are about $200 pp cheaper into Cancun on the times we do the bag drag. So it is worth the hassel to us. Now if I can just get the wife to pack lighter. But she is doing better/

Have fun

Piece of cake. Walk to far left end of Cancun terminal (as you face the terminal from outside). Young guy might intercept you to sell you a ticket and help with bag -- he's with ADO, it's OK. Take comfy A/C bus to Playa, 10 min. walk to ferry -- buy one-way ferry ticket at booth along the way. There are 2 ferry companies. Use the one with the next ferry to Coz -- schedules are posted at the booth. Get off in Coz, grab a cab and congratulate yourself for saving big $$$ by not doing it any other way.

I think you should do the math before you decide. If the bus/taxi is $40 each way and the ferry is $20 . Thats $60 each way your savings is in the range of $80 a person. I'm not sure its worth the time and inconvenience.
Just my 2 cents worth!!

Yeah-----do the math. The ferry is 140 pesos (about $11) and the bus is $9........to me that makes $20 each way.

Betsy

Yeah-----do the math. The ferry is 140 pesos (about $11) and the bus is $9........to me that makes $20 each way.

Betsy

Least we forget....$200.00 plane ticket vs $350.00 plane ticket :D

Ret-----I was addressing the poster before me..........I don't get the folks who hate the trip from CUN..........it's all part of the adventure and I personally quite enjoy it........although early CUN departures are problematic.........whatever you decide, have fun..........Betsy

Back
Top Bottom