Cancun>Cozumel>Puerto Aventuras Am I crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have one of my staff from Aquanauts pick you up at the terminal in Playa del Carmen. However this depends on when you are coming over.

Dennis

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I'd be going to Cozumel by myself with the purpose of getting in as much diving as possible before I meet my friend in Puerto Aventuras. When we're in PA I'll probably dive only 3 days. We'll both visit Tulum, but I'm not really into ruins, so she may go to some of the others on days when I'm diving. We're staying at Catalonia Riviera Maya.

Sorry I misinterpreted your posting.

Have fun!

I would have one of my staff from Aquanauts pick you up at the terminal in Playa del Carmen. However this depends on when you are coming over.

Dennis

Thanks for the offer, Dennis. I have some questions about diving with Aquanauts. Should I ask them here or PM you?

Thanks for the offer, Dennis. I have some questions about diving with Aquanauts. Should I ask them here or PM you?

PM Sent.

Dive Aventuras will pick divers up at their hotels, condos, etc. to go diving too. I had read that dive shops were no longer able to do this due to protests by the taxi drivers. I contacted Nils, one of the owners of Dive Aventuras, and he said that this was not so.

Dive Aventuras will pick divers up at their hotels, condos, etc. to go diving too.

Thanks, Tara. I had narrowed it down to Dive Aventuras or Aquanauts and have decided to go with Aquanauts.

Dive Aventuras will pick divers up at their hotels, condos, etc. to go diving too. I had read that dive shops were no longer able to do this due to protests by the taxi drivers. I contacted Nils, one of the owners of Dive Aventuras, and he said that this was not so.

TaraBelt,

Sorry but Nils is wrong, but read on, it is very true, most shops due to the Taxi Union cannot do pick ups! For these dive shops that are using vehicles that don't have the proper paperwork and licenses they are being stopped and fined with the clients left with the guide on the side of the road. I know that Dive Aventuras uses a company that has the proper licenses as does Aquanauts. However most of the small dive shops that don't have the proper infrastructure can not afford and no longer can do these pick ups. So it is very true that many dive shops cannot do pickups

Dennis

Dennis,

Did you guys just start picking up/returning to resorts a couple weeks ago?

After our night dive 9/09 I had a heck of a time finding a taxi to take me back to the Barcelo. Asked the guy tending the desk @ the Omni to call one & he wanted to charge me for calling. Finally found a stray driving by that picked me up.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom