Cancun to Cozumel Bag Drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DjDiverDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This video tour of the Bag Drag from Cancun Airport to Cozumel was posted on Facebook, and I thought it might be very useful for folks who had never done this, but were contemplating this in light of higher airfares. In my experience, you can often save $200.00 or even more (more if you check bags and fly Southwest, which still lets you check 2 bags for FREE) by flying into Cancun, which has a lot more competition than the flights into Cozumel.

This is great. I thought about doing this but was worried about the logistics of getting back in time for the flight. It looks very simple. I just priced flights for a planned trip in early summer and it was $200/person Canadian cheaper to fly into Cancun. I guess we will be dragging from Cancun! Thanks!

This is great. I thought about doing this but was worried about the logistics of getting back in time for the flight. It looks very simple. I just priced flights for a planned trip in early summer and it was $200/person Canadian cheaper to fly into Cancun. I guess we will be dragging from Cancun! Thanks!

Just be aware that in returning to the Cancun Airport from Cozumel, you need to allow for delays in waiting on the next bus to the Airport. Also, if you are not fluent in Spanish (or even if you are) be very careful at the ADO Terminal in PDC that you want the next bus to the AEROPUERTO, NOT the next bus to Cancun. If you make that mistake, you'll end up in downtown Cancun, and miss your return flight.

Looks like you flew into Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is even easier. Great video, Thanks. Wish I would have seen it before we flew Southwest last time!!! Thanks again.

Jay

ahhhh....I guess it was 3 now that you mention it. The one where the little podium is right nest to the busses. Sorry to relay bad information. completely my bad.

Jay

And a cheap private van is a pretty good deal if you have pesos and book ahead. No waiting and they meet you at the ferry dock coming back.

And a cheap private van is a pretty good deal if you have pesos and book ahead. No waiting and they meet you at the ferry dock coming back.
Does Jose still do vans from Cancun airport to the Ferry?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom