Cancun to Cozumel Bag Drag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This video tour of the Bag Drag from Cancun Airport to Cozumel was posted on Facebook, and I thought it might be very useful for folks who had never done this, but were contemplating this in light of higher airfares. In my experience, you can often save $200.00 or even more (more if you check bags and fly Southwest, which still lets you check 2 bags for FREE) by flying into Cancun, which has a lot more competition than the flights into Cozumel.

You can also buy your ADO tickets where the bus' park. A lot of times there is a line at the ADO desk inside Terminal 2. A long line will generally mean the agent dealing with "confused" travelers. Save yourself time and aggravation.

BTW, I remember Terminal 1. Frontier charter flights used it better than a decade ago. Very hot and basic.

Came across another Van guy last night, Luis, when the bus into Cancun Centro was full. I didn't want to wait another hour so I grabbed a van into town. On the ride in I got to talking with him and he quoted me a price of $700 MXN from CUN to Playa (after I told him I come down monthly). It's a small company but with very nice new vans, I explained I travel standby and do not have a firm seat on a plane until the last minute, he was OK with that and indicated they were very flexible. Here is a copy of his companies card in case Lomas is full or does not want to negotiate

Attachments

• CUN van.pdf
    148.9 KB · Views: 174
You can also buy your ADO tickets where the bus' park. A lot of times there is a line at the ADO desk inside Terminal 2.

I can't remember the last time there was a person AT the ADO desk in the terminal. I always go outside to where the buses are.

Hey, just for clarification: the bag-drag video depicts arriving in which terminal, #2 or #3?

IIRC, Terminal #3 is the primary terminal for most (but not all) international airlines.

I'm pretty sure I will be arriving in Terminal 2.

Hey, just for clarification: the bag-drag video depicts arriving in which terminal, #2 or #3?

IIRC, Terminal #3 is the primary terminal for most (but not all) international airlines.

I'm pretty sure I will be arriving in Terminal 2.
The video is definitely terminal #2 (Southwest uses terminal 2).

Back
Top Bottom