Cancun to Cozumel trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no4hitter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

With plane tickets $200 cheaper to fly into cancun and I am getting 2, how are things with getting over to the Island from Cancun? Any problems with that right now? Going at the end of the month.

Thanks, Jim

The bus/ferry option (about 250 pesos per person each way) option is here

Cancun Airport to Playa del Carmen/Cozumel by ADO Bus

There is also mayair.com.mx but if that is $100 per person roundtrip I would pay the extra $100 and go into Cozumel.

Be careful about early return flights out of Cancun.

A lot of us do this routinely... Best advice was given. Take an afternoon flight out of Cacun.

i am a long time vet of the cun-coz bag drag. kinda like it. have not used the mayair flight yet because of connection time but it looks like it may work out at least one way this year.
the bus will cost about $25 for 2. you may be able to get a van for about $40. but do not take the collectivo van sold at the airport. they stop at too many resorts along the way. bus is actually faster. one decent van service is cancungotravel.com.
i enjoy taking a seat on the aft port side of ferry and watching for dolphins as coz get closer. sometimes the live band on the ferry is pretty good. sometimes too loud.
if you have to wait for ferry, check luggage and enjoy a walk along 5th av in playa.

You could also try a multi city ticket.Fly into Cun and out of Czm,will generally save you some money and stress when leaving.Like jackie said if you are leaving from Cun jut try to make it an afternoon flight.

Take Maya Air from Cancun to Coz - much quicker and easier than the bus route

Ron Lee's site is great, explains everything in great details.
I'll just had to what has been written above :
• make sure you don't land too late in Cancun, otherwise you may miss the last ferry and be stuck in Playa del Carmen
• bring something warm to wear in the bus (strong A/C)
• if you have an early departure flight, spend the last day and night on the mainland to visit the area (you can even do that if you have a later flight the following day if you wan't to dive the cenotes).

I have been reading the posts and learning what I can to prepare for my upcoming trip in February. I will be staying 5 nights in Coz at Park Royal, going to do the sales pitch thing (regretting that but good deal on a 5 night AI stay). After we check out we decided to go back to Cancun for the last night of our trip but we are torn on where we should stay.

Our flight out of Cancun is at 10:25 a.m. on a Thursday. Should we stay close to the airport or around the hotel zone? I have never been to Cancun before but ticket prices where several hundred $ cheaper than going into CZM. Big Learning Experience.

Also, does anyone know if either DWM or BlueXTSea pick up at Park Royal? Those are the only two dive ops I've ever used in my previous Coz trips and loved them both.

Reel, I would assume that both "may" pick up at Park Royal but it is best to ask them. It depends on their departure point and policies. DWM may be questionable so do verify before making reservations. There are two hotels neat the Cancun airport...Courtyard Marriott and another. You can also look at beach hotels here and perhaps pick one of those: Cancun hotel directory

I usually stay at Suites Gabi in downtown cancun for about 30 dollars a night.Nice modern small hotel about a 10 minute walk from bus station in downtown cancun across from mercado 28.Also a 15 dollar cab or a 4.50 bus ride to the airport.

Back
Top Bottom