Cancun to Isla Mujeres to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

extremetito

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to Isla Mujeres and Cozumel mid July for a week of vacation and diving with a newly minted open water diver (she's apprehensive still--hasn't caught the bug). I am looking for some advice/suggestions from the board.
We are arriving Cancun airport, heading directly to Isla Mujeres for a few days, then heading to Cozumel.
What's the "best" way to get to Isla Mujeres from CUN?
What's the "best" way to get to Playa del Carmen from Isla Mujeres/Puerto Juarez?
We're booked at the Occidental Cozumel-one of the southern all-inclusives. Is taxi the "best" way to head down from the ferry in Cozumel?

Here are some of the options that I found:

Isla Mujeres Ferry - Cancun Ferry Schedules and Information

We are going to Cozumel first and then Isla Mujeres. I'm wondering if it might be easier the other way around....

We will probably opt for the reserved shuttle to get to the Isla Mujeres ferry to avoid any confusion.

Coming back, once you find your way to the ADO terminal in Cancun it should be very easy to get to Playa to catch the ferry to Cozumel. I can't help with getting to the Cancun terminal but the ADO will drop you off very near the ferry dock in Playa.

I did the Cozumel-Playa del Carmen-Cancun-Isla Mujeres round trip yesterday for a whale shark excursion and it's a bit of a chore. And I was in a guided group that didn't have to navigate taxis between the land locations. It can be done but it'll take a couple of hours, at least, and not a lot of fun.

I did the Cozumel-Playa del Carmen-Cancun-Isla Mujeres round trip yesterday for a whale shark excursion and it's a bit of a chore. And I was in a guided group that didn't have to navigate taxis between the land locations. It can be done but it'll take a couple of hours, at least, and not a lot of fun.

Yes, but did you see any whale sharks?

Dang, and I'm not going until November :( They'll probably be long gone by then.

That's extra cool with the mantas too! I recently read about a manta cleaning station off of Maui but I thought they had to keep moving to breathe so I'm not sure how that would work. I'm going to do the manta night dive from Kona again as soon as I find some cheap air fare :wink:

I heard about that night dive. If I ever get to Hawaii, I'll definitely try to do it. The mantas are really cool.

It is not to be missed.

Having said that, I just read a post where they didn't see any mantas on their dive. I guess some nights there are many, other nights not so many. When I did it I only saw four but three of them kept going back and forth for about 45 minutes. It was incredible. They were swimming one inch (or less) over our heads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom