Cancun trip recomendations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are staying in the city as opposed to the hotel zone. When people give you recommendations keep in mind that most are speaking from a hotel zone perspective which is anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes away depending on the time of day (5 to 7 pm rush hour is the worst).

For a dive outfit consider Scorpio divers. Their boat is in Puerto Juaerz which is pretty close to the city. They will pick you up at your hotel and may arrange for trips to the ruins. Jorge is the owner and pretty helpful. If you go with one of the operators in the hotel zone you will want one that is in the northern part of the hotel zone and preferably will pick you up at your hotel. I think Always Diving is close to Centro. Scuba Cancun is pretty close but they run cattle boats.

For dining/nightlife there is a lot on Tulum and Yaxcilan avenues close to the bus station on Uxmal. The town square is called Parque de Las Palapas and is right between those two streets. You can get good cheap tacos there anytime of day and is a good place to mix with locals at night. La Habichuela and Labna are both really good reasonably priced restaurants right there. Los Arcos on Yaxcilan has decent Mexican food and live bands later at night (11 pm). La Destileria is a really good restaurant in the hotel zone.

For $15 consider ordering the Cancun Map at cancunmap.com-Maps and travel guides.Your information source to Cancun,Cozumel,Isla Mujeres & Riviera Maya. It will have a ton of restaurant recommendations in both the city and hotel zone. You can also order a Mayan Adventure map that shows all of the ruins and Eco sites in the area. Well worth it if you are not familiar with the area.

Well thanks to all who posted. We are in Cancun right now and did some diving today. Martin was our guide, and a terrific guide he is. Alvaro runs a great operation, my friend and I were the only two on the boat. Martin handed us a Hawaiian spear, and we killed about 10 Lion fish lurking on the reef. It was a shame to kill such beautiful wildlife but has to be done. It was a great expirience regardless. So far Always Diving has been one of the best I have been with. So thanks to all your recommendations. We are looking forward to 4 more days of it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom