Canister light comparisons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, how deep are your dives? Dusty's lights aren't designed for technical applications. They're super lights for recreational divers, but they are inexpensive for a reason.
They are just fine for technical dives,I have one as a backup for my lm35w. We've had 2 of dusty lights well past 200 feet.
The only thing I dislike, is the Goodman handle, which I replaced. For a budget Tec light, it's tough to beat with the lithium pack and 5 hours runtime. I prefer my 35w hid, but I'd have no qualms using dustys light on any Tec dive, and have already while my hid was being upgraded.

They are just fine for technical dives,I have one as a backup for my lm35w. We've had 2 of dusty lights well past 200 feet. The only thing I dislike, is the Goodman handle, which I replaced. For a budget Tec light, it's tough to beat with the lithium pack and 5 hours runtime. I prefer my 35w hid, but I'd have no qualms using dustys light on any Tec dive, and have already while my hid was being upgraded.

I've borrowed one of these and will be trying it tomorrow. Why do you dislike the handle? What did you use to replace it?

Jim, are you using this same light during your wreck diving in the Keys?

Yes I am.

I've borrowed one of these and will be trying it tomorrow. Why do you dislike the handle? What did you use to replace it?

There are 2 goodmans he has, one where the light clips in which raises the light abit to clear dry glove rings. It broke before I even hit the water.

I use a goodman handle I got from 00wabbit here on scubaboard when he had a bunch built. That handle is a tank.

Another thing I changed was the metal belt loop, as if you have the halycon stiff webbing (thicker) its an SOB to thread through it.

Overall, while the light isnt as good as my 35w HID (more spill, less hot spot) its also 1/3 the price, so for a backup, its a cant beat it deal for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom