Canister Lights

Which Are the best Canister lights and why?

• Halcyon

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • OMS

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Sartek

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Terkel Sollys

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdriver

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone got a favorite light or how do the compare with each other price wise and function wise.
Rob

You may wanna add DiveRite...that is unless, like Nick mentions, DIRT Ech Diver complains...

What was that other canister that was posted about in here a while back? It was just the canister, and you could have them attach your lighthead to it?

Doof once bubbled...
What was that other canister that was posted about in here a while back? It was just the canister, and you could have them attach your lighthead to it?
www.stealthdive.com

Yeah, that was it. That one should probably be added as well.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this poll pans out. I'll be in the market for a good HID light soon.

I was actually planning on buying the Stealth canister light with the MR11 head until I got to check out a Terkel Sollys, to be honest. I still think the Stealth seems to be a pretty good deal... heck I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices in your poll. My review of the Sollys explains my position on my choice. :)

Jimmie

Hmmm...
'round here the two most likely to be seen are AUL and Dive-Rite. Third is "home-made," and then Halcyon & others.
E. itajara

I've only ever owned/used a Halcyon 10watt HID (helios 4.5) so I can't speak for the others, although I might now consider other options given my experience with this light. My light has not been very reliable. I recently had Halcyon retrofit the head to solve unreliable firing, and have had since had problems with this new version as well. Apparently, the bulb can become unseated, so you have to reseat it between dives. Even after doing this, it managed to unseat again.

nickjb once bubbled...
Maybe you should add DIY to your poll. That seems pretty popular (Except with DIRTechDiver :wink: )

You just made me spit tea all over my screen! !@#!@

:)

I have 2 halcyon HID lights, and have been very happy with them. IMO a light needs to have a focusable beam, otherwise it's worthless.

I have looked into making my own, and have some friends who have tinkered. Basically not worth the money...

I did flood the light once, and replaced all the parts myself. It's easy to assemble these lights, the problem is getting all the parts just so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom