Canister Lights

Which Are the best Canister lights and why?

• Halcyon

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • OMS

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Sartek

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Terkel Sollys

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me Complain??? Never.

Actually I had a Dive Rite 10w HID prior to my Halcyon Helios 13.5 18w HID. I did have problems with it, and when I was learning about DIR and Halcyon, I migrated over to Halcyon once I could afford it. It was not cheap, but I have never had a problem with it, and the unconditional warranty holds a lot of weight too.

If your looking for a cheap reliable HID canister light
I bought a HAWES light and I'm very happy with it.
It doesn't focus like some but for durability and quality
I think that it runs neck and neck with the Dive rite.
but for half the price.
www.haweslights.com

I have an OMS Phantom.

It is built very stout and is a quality light through and through. I love the light head on it. Tough, fully enclosed with a lens about a half inch thick and focusable from super wide to a very tight spot. I can also use a halogen bulb from 10 to 50 watts. I normally use a 20 or 30 watt bulb as a good compromise between blind you buddy brightness and long burn times.

I also like that the cannister is small in diameter and that the 6 V 8 Ah battery can be topped off after any amount of discharge without having to worry about developing a memory. The small diameter allows it to fit very well on my backplate and eliminates having to deal with a bulky and draggy cannister on my hip or having to put up with the problems of butt mounting a cannister light.

I got it used with the charger and a strong performing battery for $275 which is nice because there is no way on God's little green earth that my wife would have let me pay the retail price for a new one - something like $700 plus another $150 for the charger.

nitrox1 once bubbled...
If your looking for a cheap reliable HID canister light
I bought a HAWES light and I'm very happy with it.
It doesn't focus like some but for durability and quality
I think that it runs neck and neck with the Dive rite.
but for half the price.
www.haweslights.com
Dude, it's one thing to recommend a light company, but it's another to pretend that you "bought" a Hawes light when you've had a post pulled in the past for directly advertising them as your own lights. Please be considerate to other ScubaBoarders, and identify yourself as being associated with Hawes.

Direct advertising is not permitted on ScubaBoard. Feel free to place the URL in your signature, but please don't post it again.

Ben,
Regulator.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Dude, it's one thing to recommend a light company, but it's another to pretend that you "bought" a Hawes light when you've had a post pulled in the past for directly advertising them as your own lights.

Thanks for alerting us to this scam. I for one am going to make a point to NEVER buy anything from Hawes, and to steer people away from such a dishonest business.

Hello fellow divers
I would like to sincerely apologize for my dishonesty. Yes I am directly affiliated with Hawes lights. I was caught up with the enthusiasm of the Scuba board members sharing their
experience of buying a new light. All I was looking to do was show an alternative light. But after adding deception to my thread I changed if from being informational to misleading. I didn't think that this was a big deal, but now I see that it was unfair and put a black cloud over the real people that had posted positive comments and was trying to do a good thing for other divers by sharing their experience. By doing what I did it lowered the trust level for every one on this board. I hope that the act of one stupid person like my self has not persuaded any one to stop using the scuba board do to mistrust. People come to this forum to share and educate each other on a sport that I think we all love. It only takes a small handful of people to screw up a good thing like this forum of free sharing and I do not want to be one of them. I don't expect any one to believe me now, but I do hold up honesty, Hard work, and moral values as traits that should be treasured. I know that trust is earned and can easily be taken away. So by what I did I have tainted the good name of other people and businesses. The blame and mistrust should be put directly on my shoulders and not those of any one else that was apart of this thread. I know that at Hawes lights, customer service and trust is a big part of there business and I apologize to them also. Again I would like to say I'm sorry and I apologize to all the readers of Scuba board. I feel that all divers are my brothers and sisters and my deception was no way to treat you all.
Nitrox1

I just got one of the new DiveRite Slimline lights with a 10 Watt Hid and a 6 degree beam. I have only had one chance to use it but I loved it. It is bright and has a nice sharp beam which I like personally. It is not focusable but that was not an overly important feature for me. Think about what type of diving you do and what type of options suit you best.

Wow, Jimmy Swaggert could learn a few tricks from you. Let me guess - were you weeping when you wrote that?

nitrox1 once bubbled...
Hello fellow divers
I would like to sincerely apologize for my dishonesty.
SNIP
Again I would like to say I'm sorry and I apologize to all the readers of Scuba board. I feel that all divers are my brothers and sisters and my deception was no way to treat you all.
Nitrox1

Back
Top Bottom