Cannabis and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemical burns in your lungs yet you smoke? Or are you medicating by ingestion?

Yes, most often I am able to smoke instead of using a vaporizer, or ingesting. For me, I don't like to ingest because the effects are not the same and actually seem stronger or have made me very tired in the past. I see your from Canada, folks if you'r seeing this thread I came here to learn and share and instead have been a little bloodied by some board bullies. If you'r a diver who uses cannabis(obviously not under the influence when diving, or near the time) feel free to help me dispel some fears while SHARING your knowledge.

---------- Post added May 14th, 2014 at 08:55 AM ----------

CANNABIS USE AND RISK OF LUNG CANCER: A CASE-CONTROL STUDY
Marijuana Users Have Abnormal Brain Structure and Poor Memory: Northwestern University News
Cannabis use and cognitive dysfunction
[/COLOR]

Like I said, I'm all for medical marijuana when there's evidence that it works. There's nothing heartless about telling you, or anyone else who happens to be reading this, that there is a difference between recreational use and medical use, that people should not dive on any type of mind-altering substance, and that passionate advocates of legalization of recreational marijuana tend to muddy the waters when it comes to medical marijuana. I think we're hound dogs barking up the same tree here.

Regards,
DDM

[/COLOR]

PM'ed you DDM

PM answered.

The thing that bothers me the most is that this is the Diving Medicine forum. We usually expect answers from people qualified in exactly that.

Instead this has become a farcical set of "holier than thou" dismissive LONG whines (yes you Diverdorr) with no value whatsoever. No matter how loud, proud and abominably rude you are in your use of MM to treat whatever it is you use it for, we are not here to discuss the issue of Med Marijuana, just to assess use of Marijuana before diving. I do think we established that early on. All the rest is pithy insulting nonsense. Either contribute to the issue at hand or take it to the pub. This is the wrong place for cheap arguments.

Last edited:
The thing that bothers me the most is that this is the Diving Medicine forum. We usually expect answers from people qualified in exactly that.

Instead this has become a farcical set of "holier than thou" dismissive LONG whines (yes you Diverdorr) with no value whatsoever. No matter how loud, proud and abominably rude you are in your use of MM to treat whatever it is you use it for, we are not here to discuss the issue of Med Marijuana, just to assess use of Marijuana before diving. I do think we established that early on. All the rest is pithy insulting nonsense. Either contribute to the issue at hand or take it to the pub. This is the wrong place for cheap arguments.

I said that a lot more diplomatically, I think. But yeah--the way Diverdorr framed the discussion struck me as odd for Diving Medicine. There doesn't seem to be a question being asked. It doesn't even seem like a scholarly debate, since many if not most of us agree there IS a role for medical marijuana. If this is a discussion about marijuana usage as it relates to diving (as in the original post from 2009), then it's fair game, but Diverdorr doesn't seem to want to keep it focused on that and instead wants to defend a more general position. Well, I'm not a moderator, and I have no horse in this race. It just struck me as weird.

Ok folks, I'll make this last post and won't be anymore trouble.

I'm not bothered by the long whine stuff, really I don't have a boarder rep to be concerned about being tarnished. And I know it is easy to misinterpret me, because my conversation is just a conveyance of information and I'm not given to small talk or pleasantries. I wish I were smooth and friendly or even more caring, but honest and straightforward has served me well enough in life and the information I shared is important to some and a reality of the modern world we live in and dive under. You do not understand that if you are not a moderator you should have no control over thread by censoring posters for fear of persecution. Don't force people to stand up to you. Moderation through coercion is still moderation.
I would like to suggest, or ask, that this thread be started anew as times and medical truths and realities have changed and we are part of that change and this is important and should be treated respectfully. This thread started with the littered corpses of the members who posted favorably before I did and for over 3 years it went dormant and why?.
The thread is cannabis and diving, that's precisely what I posted on. Not lets misstate or represent the poster when he doesn't share our view. Debate is lovely, but it is not a debate if your only aim is to win. Winning serves the winner, debate serves to clarify an issue to a greater audience. There is a reason other posts were removed, and not because they were appropriate.

Reactions: D_B
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom