Cannon G12 or S100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For the past several years I have been using a Cannon A 570 and have been very pleased with it. I am by no means a professional photographer but I take a lot of pictures. I am thinking of upgrading and have been looking at the Cannon G12 and the S100. Any suggestions, pros and cons or advice would be appreciated.

Asked the same question a few weeks ago on this site. See the below. Great responses and convinced me to go with the S100, but I know why tohers might go G12.

Rob

I have a G10 and G12, both in Canon housings. You cannot effectively use either without an external strobe as the length of the lens tunnel blocks part of the photo on very close-up shots when using the internal flash, even with the supplied diffuser. Using an Ikelite housing will definitely require an external strobe.

I cannot speak for the S100 but it does have more zoom than the S90 and S95 so it may also have similar issues with the on-board flash?

For the past several years I have been using a Cannon A 570 and have been very pleased with it. I am by no means a professional photographer but I take a lot of pictures. I am thinking of upgrading and have been looking at the Cannon G12 and the S100. Any suggestions, pros and cons or advice would be appreciated.

Arrgghh!! Don't mean to be rude, but Search the forum before asking a question!!! :banghead:

This exact topic was just discussed very recently!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/418937-canon-g12-v-s100.html

Sorry I missed the previous discussion on this topic. Rob if this drives you crazy, so sorry.

Sorry I missed the previous discussion on this topic. Rob if this drives you crazy, so sorry.

Ah, no worries mate! Maybe I was bit grouchy last night. :wink: Hopefully the thread from a couple of weeks ago answered your questions, but if not, feel free to ask away!

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom