Canon A540 Pics, Don't laugh.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Riemer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just returned Sunday from an 8 day trip to Playa Del Carmen. We dove 12 dives over 6 days, 3 days in Puerto Morelos and 3 days in Cozumel. I made my first attempt at underwater photography with an A540 and WP-DC2 Housing. These haven't been altered with any software and were taken in the underwater mode.

I didn't take the camera day 1. I have over 400 pics and short videos. Here's a few:

Cozumel Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egPJr6EuadQ

Puerto Morelos Dives:
IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Cozumel Pics:
IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

Nice...
I have one of those and was planing on taking it down in June. I thought the underwater mode was supposed to automatically adjust the color.. Guess I'll need to read up on it again...

Guy's the underwater setting's on many camers dont seem to make up enough for the loss of light.

Do you have manule setting's?? sorry I am not familiar with this particular camera.

The only picture that had any flash was the lobster picture. It was taken inside one of the passageways in the "Devil's Throat" @ Punta Sur. It was the internal flash with the diffuser that comes with the U/W housing. I had it set on automatic. I noticed in Underwater mode, it has to be pretty dark for the flash to go off.

Thanks for the kind words. I felt they were decent for a first try and not really knowing what I was doing. It does have manual settings but I really don't know what many of them do. Any tips or advice is appreciated.

Scott Riemer:
The only picture that had any flash was the lobster picture. It was taken inside one of the passageways in the "Devil's Throat" @ Punta Sur. It was the internal flash with the diffuser that comes with the U/W housing. I had it set on automatic. I noticed in Underwater mode, it has to be pretty dark for the flash to go off.

Thanks for the kind words. I felt they were decent for a first try and not really knowing what I was doing. It does have manual settings but I really don't know what many of them do. Any tips or advice is appreciated.[/QUOT

Scott.

Some advice from a Photo geek. Try to start useing your manual settings always underwater, if you have it, set your camera to cloudy day setting , then start with your appeture or F-stop it's the same thing, (example- in macro close up start with f-8 with shutter at 1/60 and then work with that for starters for macro and see what you get from there,if you are shooting on land use your auto setting of course unless practicing.

Does any of this make sense to you??

Play with your camera as much as you can in manual setting's, even if you want you can practice on land as well.

Again I think you did a very nice job on your pictures. If I can be of any help let me know!!

I also learned a lot from diverdennis and mike veitch, They are top notch!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom