Canon G11 case cracked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RainyRide

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just received the case today in the mail. There are few crack lines I noticed on outside and inside of the case. I am little worried. Most of the crack lines look like originated from a button. They look like caused by over tightening. I opened the case and ran my finger cross them. I can definitely feel the crack. I attached a picture here and hoping to get some expert advise. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Canoncasecrack1.jpg

You can also see there's another crack by the button to the right.

Here's a big copy of it.

There are more pictures in the same album on more cracks at different places.

I really don't want to go dive with this thing and have it leak on me and ruin the camera. :depressed::(

There are more pictures in the same album on more cracks at different places.

I really don't want to go dive with this thing and have it leak on me and ruin the camera. :depressed::(

Send it back !

I just had a look at my G9 case and it has those "cracks" near all the buttons. I think its actually artefacts from the molding and not actual cracks?

I just had a look at my G9 case and it has those "cracks" near all the buttons. I think its actually artefacts from the molding and not actual cracks?

Can you also feel them from inside? I assume you have taken yours down under and had no problems? I just put mine inside a bucket of water and no leakage. But the bucket is only 1.5'. The increased pressure at 80 feet will definitely have an effect on it if it's really cracked.

Can you also feel them from inside? I assume you have taken yours down under and had no problems? I just put mine inside a bucket of water and no leakage. But the bucket is only 1.5'. The increased pressure at 80 feet will definitely have an effect on it if it's really cracked.

Don't worry about it till you hit 140.....it'll be fine till.....

Nah really, take it on a 'dry' camera run 1st time out-----betting it'll be OK though......

Don't worry about it till you hit 140.....it'll be fine till.....

Nah really, take it on a 'dry' camera run 1st time out-----betting it'll be OK though......

'dry' camera run? Sorry, newboo here. So first time take it down without a camera in it to see if it leaks? That's a good idea. I'll be in La Herradura, Spain next Saturday. I'll give it try. Thank you.

Oh, I just tried to call Canon customer service to see what they have to say. But they are close due to bad weather. :(

Back
Top Bottom