Canon S100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I called and spoke to Ikelite about options and got a chance to speak with the guy that acutally tested the s100 housing. They make several adapters from 67mm to AD and 28AD (#9306.79, #9306.85 adapters). Although you can connect them physically the 28AD lens will not work optically with the s100. As explained by Ikelite, the camera lens and back of wet mount lens will be too far apart and require signficant zooming to remove vignetting. Additionally, the super wide 24 mm focal length requires zooming to avoid vignetting with 28AD and AD lenses as they have smaller optical elements. All of this zooming defeats the purpose of using a wide angle lens.

Best solution, and likely what I'll go with, is sell my UWL-100 28AD lens and get a 67mm lens that has a larger optical element and is as close as possible to the actual camera lens. There are a lot of 67mm threaded lens options. Likely stilll require some zooming but hopefully not too much.

If you're able to rig up your UWL 105AD lens with an s100 and get underwater shots then I would be interested to see your results.

If you're able to rig up your UWL 105AD lens with an s100 and get underwater shots then I would be interested to see your results.

i am still debating about S100 vs G12 so it may be a few weeks before i even try this. but i will try it when i decide one way or the other.

wound up getting the S100 with canon housing after reading on inon's page that i can use my UCL165s with the inon mount base on the housing. once it gets here (and i am home as well), i will post some shots with the UCL165s

wound up getting the S100 with canon housing after reading on inon's page that i can use my UCL165s with the inon mount base on the housing. once it gets here (and i am home as well), i will post some shots with the UCL165s

Did you already had the chance to do so? I'm interested in the results because I'm searching for a wide angle wet lens for my S100/WP-DC43 that doesn't vignette at 24 mm.

For the canon housing the only solution is the Inon mount there are no other options

On the positive side the inon UWL-H100 28LD does not vignette at 24mm Inon UWL-H100 28LD test pictures
However vignetting is not the only issue you also have fringing so zooming at 28mm is a good idea in any case

Did you already had the chance to do so? I'm interested in the results because I'm searching for a wide angle wet lens for my S100/WP-DC43 that doesn't vignette at 24 mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom