Can't fill out a Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok thanks, im relieved :)

Originally posted by DivingGal
Originally posted by DevilTron
Désolé, sorry DivingGal. I didn't mean to make you angry by my question. You're right, next time I will ask through email. Thanks for the info anyway

Voutre interroge ne m'avez pas irrité -- la figure de l'estacade à claire-voie I chaque question est juste une étape en gagnant plus de knowlege. ---- Your questions did not anger me :)-- heck I figure every question is just a step in gaining more knowlege. :thumb:

Besides, if you ask in the open forum -- just think how many other people may have the same question, but are wondering the same thing, but are too timid to ask. Ask away, I do on a regular basis (and sometimes mine are real strange).

I was actually tempted to try the pantyhose route, but they allow a little more water to get in. If you go with a suit with a slick lining (like Henderson Gold Core, Harvey cobalt, etc) they go on FAR easier, and the slick interior forms a seal against your skin. You want to wear as little clothing as possible, so that your skin forms a seal over as much area as possible. My sister in law has the Hendeson Gold Core 7mm farmer Jane, and when we're done diving, her shorts are often still partially dry. My new suit is from aquaflite.com, and with the slick lining it goes on far easier than my old nylon/plush lined 7mil suit, and I stay much warmer due to less water exchange. The aquaflite was a lot cheaper (around $200 cheaper than the Henderson), and if you wanted custom rather than off the rack size, I believe it was only $75 more. My wife (non diver unfortunately) wears smaller sized tops then bottoms in regular clothes, so she would have a similiar problem. If your body is very close to an off the rack size, the additional $75 is well worth it, and still much cheaper than some of the bigger name brands. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom