Can't get my new wetsuit on - help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think it is a good idea to use any oil or petrolum products on your expensive wetsuit. None of the wetsuit manufacturers would reccomend that. If you have to have an aid to get your wetsuit on and off try Suit Juice. Look it up on the web. Your wetsuit should not be that tight. It's only 3MM. It should go on easy and you should not feel constricted. You should not have to stretch the wetsuit fabric much to have a snug fit. From what you have said It sounds like the wetsuit you have is too small. Good luck and happy diving.
Glide
wetsuit hanger, Hang your wetsuit from the waist, the slidehanger wetsuit hanger was developed to eliminate shoulder wear. Wetsuit, Surf gift, links to surf shops, wetsuit care products.

I have two Pinnacle suits; one with and one without the Merino lining. The Merino lining is diffilcult to get my arms through as well. I gusessing because the legs have zippers there are wider and therefore easier than the arms because they don't. As mentioned earlier it's the Merino liner that doesn't stretch well.

I had ordered 2 Pinnacles, one for me and one for my daughter. It did not have the liner in it. But what I found is that we could not get our calves in them. I even ordered again but the next size up, still same issue. Either we have some huge calves or they are made for people with no calves. I gave up and went to a Henderson and Bare.

I had the same issue and had to return for a size up. The next size also was tight, BUT over some wear stretched out perfectly for me. I now have the warmest and most comfortable suit. Hopefully you can return for the larger size. I do remember the arms being frustratingly tight, but that does give. Try the shower and see if that helps when the entire suit is wet. Stay away from creams and oils!!

I sent my Pinnicle wetsuit off to have longer zippers in the legs and added zippers to the arms. The wool lining does make it difficult to don, but it is the warmest wetsuit I have tried. The tight fit and wool lining are great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom