Can't wait! A new era of diving for me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And IMO this is what separates really good/great divers, and especially instructor's, from the herd. The realization and acceptance that there are things that take time. Time to learn, time to absorb, time to get to know intimately before jumping in with both feet, so to speak. Too bad so many think rushing through class after class is the way to do it.
And even worse that agencies allow people to.

You are absolutely correct, Jim. The issues I had with the DPV course, real drove home the seriousness of diving a rebreather. One missed step in the check lists, one "brain fart"...... & could easily wind up a fatality statistic. Before the class, I just accepted that as fact, now I realize it as fact. As I said, I will still learn the unit, but I am going to take in much, much more seriously than I did before.

That would then make you the instructor I'd want to do a Prism course with. If I were to ever lose my mind, win the lottery so I could buy one, and convince my GF that diving a black box of death is a good idea!
:D
Seriously though I am likely going to try one this season when Doppler has another workshop out at Gilboa. But my next definite move is sidemount before anything else.
Good luck Tammy and keep posting. I am interested in how it goes and what you encounter with it.

Back
Top Bottom