Cape Town dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kate b

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Cape Town and I'm new to diving so I am looking for some good dive spots. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? :D

Hi Kate

Congratulations on taking the step and learning to scuba dive! Good luck for completing your course on Sunday.

Do you have an experienced dive buddy who you will be diving with on a regular basis - or have you considered joining a dive club? When starting out it is always important to dive with local divers who know the dive sites and can advise when and where to dive. There's more to scuba diving than just jumping in the water - especially if you haven't dived much in the area. :D

There are loads of good dive clubs in and around Cape Town that you can join and centres you can go diving with. Having dived in Cape Town waters for the past 10 years, we (Indigo Scuba) have extensive knowledge of all the top dive sites and reefs and have a dive club you can join. Please visit us on Home - Scuba Diving Cape Town, South Africa - Courses and Tuition, Accompanied Dives, Equipment Sales, Services and Repairs for more details! We'd love to show you the very best of underwater Cape Town.

We're also on Facebook if you want to join our page, read more about Cape Town diving and stay in touch.

Wikitravel also has a great list of Cape Town dive sites if you are interested in finding out more about the dive options in the area.

Safe diving!

Kate
Indigo Scuba Diving Centre

Hi Kate

Joining a club is probably the best way of getting to know where to go - there are usually divers of mixed experience, from beginner to very experienced. The oldest club in Africa is False Bay Underwater Club (60 years) False Bay Underwater Club . Amongst other things there is a weekly Sunday dive - just arrive and we will show you around and allocate a dive buddy if you need one. You can contact one of the committee members on the site for more info. Or send me a PM.

To answer your question, for a beginner try Windmill or A-Frame - they are probably the best with easy entry or exits. If it's boat diving you want then use one of the charter operators who will also be happy to show you around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom