Cape town shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there!

We (Indigo Scuba Diving Centre) would be delighted to arrange some shark diving for you.

There are quite a few "sharky" options for divers in Cape Town, depending on what you would like to see, when you are here and where you would like to dive.

As Andy mentions above, there is shark cage diving in Gansbaai which really is a "must-do". We can arrange this for you with the best operator in Gansbaai (they are eco-friendly, do not overcrowd their boats and run a professional and ship-shape operation).

We can also take you diving with Seven Gill Cow Sharks in Simon's Town and this is also an exciting adventure.

If you would like any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on info@indigoscuba.com. It would be our pleasure to show you the very best of scuba diving in South Africa!

Kindest regards
Deon Jonker
Indigo Scuba Diving Centre

Hi Indigo Scuba,
I have a little question for you... my husband and I are debating where to go this year for our holiday, my hubby is very interested in South Africa, more to the point shark diving! I however am holding back slightly.. WE have seen many documentaries on diving in South Africa and it really does look fantastic. However we have a 16month baby girl, and for this reason I'm putting the brakes on! Apart from the journee itself (we live in Italy) , we would be taking it in turns to dive. So far though all we have found are day trips, which would mean one of us goes out on the boat for the day and the other stays behind. This isn't a problem for my husband, but for me I don't think I'de be able to leave my daughter for a whole day... I haven't done so yet!! I wold like to know if there is any alternative to this? Also how safe is it to take a toddler? I would really appreciate any information and possibly prices from your center? Do you also have accomodation? Thanx very much!

Hi Raya, as no one else has answered I'll try my best, if you dive the east coast from Protea Banks (south of Kwazulu Natal) to Sodwana Bay (North Kwazulu Natal) all your dives will be surf launches on RIB's & you'll be out for approximately 1.5 -2 hours. Most dives around the western Cape will have similar time spans, exception the GW cage dives, they will take 3 - 4 hours. SA is safe to bring toddlers but if coming during our hot summer months (Dec - Feb) avoid Sodwana with a toddler as it does get very hot & humid 32 C+ and might be uncomfortable if you're not used to the heat, western cape is a winter rainfall area!

Hi there Raya

If you would like to go shark cage diving in Gansbaai, it does not take all day - usually only half a day. The operators go out more than once a day, so you could do the morning trip and husband the afternoon trip.

I would not recommend that you take your daughter on the boat with you at this stage. There will be many more opportunities when she gets older!

As a mother of 3 daughters, I can relate to your concerns and had to "sit on the side" on numerous occasions until they grew up and were able to join us on our diving expeditions. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel and before you know it, you will be diving as a family!!

There is plenty of nice accommodation in Kleinbaai (where the shark boats leave from), so you can choose to stay for as many nights as you like.

Once you have had enough of the sharks, come and dive with us! We don't have accommodation on site but again, lots of accommodation options waiting for you in Gordon's Bay too.

There is fantastic year-round diving in the waters around Cape Town. We have an exciting dive with Sevengill Cowsharks in Simon's Town and there are some great historical wrecks and beautiful reefs and kelp forests too - you will be amazed.

If you need any further information, please shout!

Best wishes
Kate

Hi Kate,
Thanx for that this is an itinery that my husband has found which allows us to see quite a lot.. I would like to know your opinion,and also most lodges offer only breakfast, is it expensive to eat out? And is it easy to eat out also, maya is 17 months and is pretty picky with her food, so would I have to bring food with me for her or can I find everything there? Also for the areas that I have included can you reccomend me any accomodation and dive centres to use? Including your own.. Do the lodges etc have pools in general? Are there things to do with a little one? This is my main concern, as mummy and daddy are easily pleased with diving, but this is a holiday for her also!
1st Day : CAPE TOWN – GANSBAAI
Arrive at Cape Town airport, car transfer to Gansbaai. Arrival and organising at Guest House Saxon Lodge o similare.Bed and breakfast.
2° & 3° Day GANSBAAI
Breakfast at lodge. Day dedicated to cage diving with GW.
Gansbaai - Shark diving unlimited
4°Day: GAANSBAAI – CAPE TOWN - DURBAN – UMKOMAAS
Breakfast and transfer in car to Cape Town airport and flight to Durban.
Arrival and transfer to Umkomaas. Sistemazione Blu Rush o Angulhas Guest House for Bed and Breakfast
5° - 8° Day: UMKOMASS
Breakfast. 4 days of diving in the area of Umkomaas - Tiger shark & Reef Dive
2 gg diving & snorkling with Tigre shark also with Black Tips & Dusky Snack&Soft drink on board. Tank & Weights. 2 gg Reef Dive – Landers Reef (Roky Bay) .
2 dives a day including snack with soft drink on board - Tank & Weights.
9° Day UMKOMASS – DURBAN
Breakfast and transfer to Durban airport and departure for Johannesburg/Cape Town to coincide with return flight to Italy.
Thank you so much for your time and any info!

Hi Raya

Can I suggest having a look at Immerse Yourself Safaris who offer a fully guided dive safari to the best dive sites in South Africa? We can tailor make a package to totally suite you including accommodation and extra activities. Let me know how long you are in South Africa and we can come up with an itinerary that suits both you and your little one.

Please take a look at our website at Immerse Yourself Safaris - About Us for more information. It would be a pleasure to assist you in organising your trip to South Africa.

Laura

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom