Cape town shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there Raya

Your itinerary looks great.

I can't comment on the operators or guest houses you mention as we have not used them in the past. However, I am sure you will have a great experience as we are all aware how important it is to run professional and safe operations and give excellent service.

Perhaps some of our DBN divers can give some feedback on guest houses in the areas of your choice?

Not sure what your "expensive" to eat out is and what you like to eat. The average main course in South Africa at an average restaurant will cost anything from between R60 and R80 depending on your choice. The exchange rate is R7.6 = 1 US$ at the moment. Of course, you can have a toasted sandwich for far less (approx. R30). Hope that helps? A beer in a restaurant / bar will cost you R15 - R18 and a coke / soft drink about R12.

We have excellent shops in all the main towns - there is Somerset Mall on the N2 at Somerset West which you will pass on your way from the airport to Gansbaai. There is a huge Pick 'n Pay and a Woolworths there and I am certain you will be able to get everything you are looking for here for your daughter. I don't think you need to bring anything with you except if you have some particular Italian "something" that you might not get here (!). There are also shops in Hermanus and Gansbaai (the larger Spars are also very good).

Sorry I can't advise you on guest houses and operators in Gans Baai / Umkomaas, hope there are other people out there that can. By the way, you could look for accommodation in Kleinbaai / Franskraal which is where the Great White Shark operators are based.

Hope you manage to organise a great holiday!

Best wishes
Kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom