Captain Bill passed away Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Everyone
Captain Bills funeral will be on Sunday October 14th. It is being held on the AliKai Catamaran at pier 4 10:30
I think we will be going to sea to scatter the ashes.
Aloha
Roger

I'm trying to remember when I met him. It had to be at Dan's Dive Shop when it was across the street from the Gold Bond Building in the early 90's. Then he drove South Seas boat for a while and we lost touch when I got away from Waianae.
He was a good guy overall. I'll hoist a few on my end to him.

A request for Bill's wife:

Since they lost everything in the fire earlier this year Beverly doesn't have many (if any) pictures of Bill. If you happen to have one would you mind sending it (them) to me so I can get it printed for her?

Thanks so much.

Aloha,
Lisa

I'm trying to remember when I met him. It had to be at Dan's Dive Shop when it was across the street from the Gold Bond Building in the early 90's. Then he drove South Seas boat for a while and we lost touch when I got away from Waianae.
He was a good guy overall. I'll hoist a few on my end to him.

Oh YEAH! Now I remember him!! Oh, sad. Dive Oahu and everyone lost a good guy.

Reminds me of Lawlor Rech who also was at Dan's and Dive Oahu and passed a number of years ago.

Thanks to everyone that attended and to everyone that sent emails/messages/pictures. It was a very hard day for the family and friends....

Seeing Bill every trip to Hawaii was something I always looked forward too.
We will deeply missed him, especially on our next trip to Hawaii.

He was one of those people that positivly effected everyone he came into contact with.

My Deepest Sympathy to his family & many friends.

Hello John W.
My wife Jane was Captain Bill Lind's younger sister. We all knew him as Terry.
She and Terry were very close,and though they were thousands of miles apart
for many years, they still used tp talk to each other regularly. In fact we had
spoken to him only a day before he passed away. My question to you is this,
would you be able to e-mail us the two pictures of Terry and you that you had
posted on this thread. It would mean quite a lot to her. I thank you for your
time. Ron G. signtalker@imt.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one out there that have any pictures of Captain Bill, if possible could you e-mail copies
to me. My wife Jane was his younger sister and it would mean the world to her if any of you
that might have pictures of Terry, that's what the family new him by, you could share with her.
Thanks
Ron Garritson - signtalker@imt.net

might want to talk to david who worked with bill for a very long time at dive oahu. also kirsten might have some old pics of bill, as he was a very friendly guy.I dont think she hits the s.b that often so i will ask her and get back too you.

Aloha Ron!

So sorry for your loss, he was such a wonderful man and great to talk to. Roger and I speak of him often and miss him dearly.
Bill joined us for our wedding in 05 and ScubaDrew was there taking video footage. I'll let him know that you posted, he might be able to share some footage with you.

Aloha,
Lisa & Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom