Caption under Username

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There you go @Jack Hammer, it is worth a few bucks a year to you to not be a solo diver?
@tursiops , I'm not offended and wasn't aware of how to change it. And no, its not worth a few dollars to me as im not upset. With several people being against solo diving in general, i think it is a poor choice of a label to force on people and have absolutely no idea why it's the title under my username - so I asked. ☺

I hate "DIR Practitioner." Yes, I joined the "DIR" group at some point, because that's where the kind of diving that interests me was being discussed, but I don't use the term "DIR" in real life. Few people do anymore. And "practitioner" sounds so clinical.

How about creating a group for people who hate being labeled as belonging to a group?

You can leave the solo diver group and the tag will go away.

I emailed ScubaBoard for the same reason...UNTRUE title under my name. I received an email back directing me to this thread.

Mine says Marine Scientist. That is only one of many of my interests, not my vocation, that is not my hobby, that is not how I want to be represented. :(

So far this thread really does not tell how to fix the problem...just leave a group. Why have groups then if we have to leave them? Why can't your SMART Technicians fix this, instead of just applying Band-Aids?

Folks, the Xenforo platform simply does not handle this well. We didn't pick up on the problem till we were already moved over to this platform. We've tried every add-on we have found in order to fix it.

Sorry, but until an effective group add-on is found this is the way it will be. If the title you have really bothers you that much we've given you two options to change it- Leave the group or become a supporting member and pick pretty much any title you want.

To say that you don't want to leave the marine scientist group is silly- that group does not have any directory rights at all, the only reason it exists is so people who are marine scientists can have that title showing. Since there is no other benefit to you from being in that group I've removed you from it- problem solved.

Not trying to throw rocks at windows or anything, but what was the reason for switching to the Xenforo platform?

Not trying to throw rocks at windows or anything, but what was the reason for switching to the Xenforo platform?

One advantage is it "remembers" where you left off reading through a thread so doesn't require going through pages and pages of a long thread to get to the new posts.

There were many reasons, but mostly it came down to being responsive, faster and having a more robust data base. Mobile devices had a hard time with the old software and the 3rd party apps seemed to do more harm than good. User titles were the biggest thing to blindside us. A few of the mods have spent inordinate amounts of time to try to fix it as have I. We installed add-ons that were supposed to give us what we wanted, but no dice. In spite of that, our traffic has increased tremendously since we ported over to it. The responsiveness and the speed have lit us on fire!

Ok...sometimes change for the better is not always the easiest.

Keep at it and good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom