Car key storage during shore dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are using a dry suit that actually stays dry, you can just put in a pocket of your undergarments. When diving with a wetsuit, I just hide them near to the car

Don't end up being 'this guy' ... lol.
I'd probably pick you up if I saw you hitchhiking with your wet gear and tanks but ...

upload_2021-8-4_10-50-46.png

Well after six pages I'm convinced that the DryFob is the way to go,

If it works well I'll probably buy some more as Christmas presents this year.

Update, received my Dryfob this morning.

I was expecting to have a split ring with it to attach to a clip, but I guess a bit of bungee will suffice through one of the slots on the screw top.

I'll take it on a trial run next Friday with some dry tissue paper inside and see how it goes.

I'll take it on a trial run next Friday with some dry tissue paper inside and see how it goes.

Tissue paper as in Kleenex type? Because I've used toilet paper sheets and it disintegrated into a pulpy mess inside a camera housing I was testing.

Rinsing out the dryfob will be a lot easier than a camera housing. It’s not an English muffin. No nooks or crannies.

Tissue paper as in Kleenex type? Because I've used toilet paper sheets and it disintegrated into a pulpy mess inside a camera housing I was testing.

Yes like Kleenex.

I assume you had a leak then, I've done this before with camera housings and never had an issue.

Thanks
Update, received my Dryfob this morning.
I was expecting to have a split ring with it to attach to a clip, but I guess a bit of bungee will suffice through one of the slots on the screw top.

Thanks Searcaigh, yes, there are many attachment options so we were not including any clips for now. Some put their DRYFOB direct in a BC pocket, others clip (with a ring or directly through the top hole) onto a D-ring, others keep in a mesh bag. Bungee is also popular. We appreciate you getting one to try out and helping us spread the word. I'm sure it's going to work well for you at depth.

Yes like Kleenex.

I assume you had a leak then, I've done this before with camera housings and never had an issue.

Yes, a brand new Canon G12 housing. I tested it twice and same result both times, which required difficult cleaning after each.

I sent to Canon and it went to the East Coast, then West Coast, then back to me with a note that said they don't fix assesories. I would later learn that they would replace the camera if the housing leaked, but won't fix the housing.

The housing had a manufacturing flaw. The molding lines were raised inside the groove that held the o-ring. Under 1 ft pressure, no leak. Under normal dive depths, teaspoon leak.

There's a fix online, as it's a common problem. I opted to follow the fix directions and fixed it myself. It's been solid since.

Buy a Ford, it does two things. It helps support my dive habit, and you get a sweet keyless entry keypad on the door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom