Car Shipping???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhaul

Registered
Reaction score
:confused: Okay folks need some real help here! I need to ship a car from Kansas City, Missouri to Honolulu, Hawaii and could use some advice. Does anyone know of any good companies? Any guess at the cost? Any tips to doing it without problems? or Simply anywhere to search for help other than the boards? I appreciate any and all help! Thanks!!!

Very briefly I thought I had an answer, as I had my car shipped from Vancouver, BC to Ottawa, Ont -- in the moving van that I had shipped everything else.

I guess that won't work going across the ocean. But you might just give the moving companies a call. If they can't help you directly, they might be able to point you in right direction for info.

I am ex-military and had my car shipped to europe many times...but the Army always took care of selecting the company...

One big piece of advice....check with your insurance company and make dang sure you coverage covers your plans...

also...take out any fancy stereo gear or someone else will for you...

have jumper cables with you when you pick up the car...

have a spare set of keys with you.

disconnect any alarm system.

take absolutely anything out you dont want stolen...minus the spare....if you have a flat and no spare .,..they will still drive it..

have enough money to buy a new battery when you go to pick it up....

and good luck

Recently I looked into shipping a car from the mainland to hawaii. The only company I found that did this was Matson Lines. They have a website here

Matson

On the site you'll find restrictions and rates. When I last looked the price for shipping from LA, Oakland or Seattle was 908 bucks. You can not store anything inside of your car that didn't come with your car.

I believe it's the only show in town.

The only way to get your car from the US mainland to Hawaii is via a US Flag carrier - Federal Law prohibiting foreign flag carriers from transporting cargo between 2 US locations.

Matson Lines is the major player and they own the market which means you pay their price or dont ship your car.

The only way to trim costs is to look at either driving your car to California yourself or finding an reasonably priced car carrier to get it there. The BNSF railroad does offer a service on their website that ships cars in the same rail cars to ship most new cars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom