Caribbean liveaboard in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girlbob

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My boyfriend and I are looking to do a week on a liveaboard around Christmas/New Year this year.

We went to Turks and Caicos this summer and did boat dives and loved it (despite a few days of poor diving due to weather).

I have read mixed reviews of liveaboards during the winter season on the forums. We had been considering T&C Explorer vs Aggressor, but would be open to basing ourselves out of another island if the weather/conditions were better.

I would love to see whales/big creatures as well. But not sure where would be good at that time of year.

Any info or advice would be appreciated!

Let me know what you find out, as my wife and I are looking for the same thing at the same time. See my post below asking questions. Lots of good feedback. We have narrowed it down to some really great priced trips, with the Dancer Fleet in Belize or Turks and Caicos on the Aggressor. Hope we both find something good!

I have never dived Turks, but a friend of mine who dives and travels a lot described it as the only place in the Caribbean that can compare with diving in the Pacific. High praise indeed.

Hope you guys have a blast.

I just returned from a week on the Explorer II in the T&C and it was an all around great trip. The boat was very nice with lots of space especially on the dive deck. The crew was very attentive and took care of our every need. And the diving was good too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom