Carry options for Digicam/Housing/Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainBoog

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What are you guys using to carry your gear on commercial airlines? I just acquired my first set-up SP-350/ike housing/strobe & arms TBD... considering a cooler or pelican case.

thanks for the help

I take my camera, lenses etc and computer as carry-on using a Lowepro Computrekker AW+ and pack my housings, ports and strobes in a Storm Case (similar but lighter than a Pelican case).

IMHO, you should just get a soft-sided cooler to carry-on your photo rig. The cooler doesn't weight much, doesn't scream "expensive photo gear," and works well as a rinse tank in your shower between dives.

I agree about the Storm Case if you decide to go with a hard case.

I started with an Aquashot and carried it in a six-pack cooler. Then I bought my c5050 with a single strobe and bought a hard case. When I added a second strobe, I bought a bigger Strom Case, but found it to be too heavy. A 36-can soft-sided cooler is now my carry-on of choice.

I got a back pack with wheels. Stuff gets heavy when huffing between gates. Can carry camera, mask, reg, swim suit, shades, passport, etc. All the stuff you need when traveling out of the country.

Back
Top Bottom