Catching a fish with my bare hands. Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I don't think we understand that at all.

Your actions/video speak louder than your words.

I fail to understand how you can expect anyone to believe your protestation when you post a video which shows your actions to be diametrically opposed.

Like my Momma used to say, "Son, just because someone else picked up a piece of chicken poop and ate it, does that mean you would too?"

the K

You mean to say that what Jeff Corwin is doing is wrong. Even though, he has a Bachelor of Science degrees in both Biology and Anthropology from Bridgewater State College. I didn't pick a peace of chicken poop. I just caught a fish and then let it go freely. If I knew that a trigger fish would get hurt I would have never done that. I will post a video later of me freeing fish that got caught in a net that we call here in Saudi Arabia "Qarqor". That net is like a cage that is thrown in the sea and then picked later by fisher men. but most of the time they forget that net and it becomes a graveyard for fishes. I would never do anything to hurt the wild life believe me.

DSC00584.JPG

DSC006021.JPG

DSC00603.JPG

Jeff Corwin's dead, isn't he?
And if memory serves me correctly, his death was a result of infringing upon the territorial imperative of a ray of some type.

Regardless. I don't believe you. And I dare say you'll have a hard time ever convincing other members of ScubaBoard who have read this thread of your good and noble ways.

Oh, yes, there's another old saying that says something like, "You have only one chance to make a good first impression."

the K

Just because Jeff Corwin has a bachelor's degree in biology and anthropology doesn't mean that he's always doing the right thing. One of the golden rules of diving is look but don't touch. That rule doesn't change regardless of who you are, or what you have for education. See, the problem is that if you don't know exactly what the consequences of your actions might be; don't do it. You didn't know enough about the trigger fish to know if it was harmful, you just assumed (and wrongfully so) that it wouldn't be. Instead of following the examples of others (TV examples at that), be your own person and set your own example. Look, but don't touch. The environment will thank you for it.

Shane

mbader,

Are you even going to dispute the damage you surely did to the coral also?

I went to your video/photo page. There is a picture of you (or someone you know) holding a starfish. There is another picture with you lying down flat amist coral in some cutsie, little pose.

So your complete disregard for marine life isn't limited to just holding a trigger fish.

No matter how many excuses you supply, your actions were/are wrong.

mbader,

Are you even going to dispute the damage you surely did to the coral also?

I went to your video/photo page. There is a picture of you (or someone you know) holding a starfish. There is another picture with you lying down flat amist coral in some cutsie, little pose.

So your complete disregard for marine life isn't limited to just holding a trigger fish.

No matter how many excuses you supply, your actions were/are wrong.

I never knew that holding a starfish is something wrong. In fact, I saw my instructor holding one in my first dive ever and he gave it to me to hold it then he told me to put it back where I found it. Is holding a starfish harmful/dangerous????

That picture of me lying on coral. That was an already damaged coral. possibly by fishermen. I happened to be there and I took a picture, that's all.

I never knew that holding a starfish is something wrong. In fact, I saw my instructor holding one in my first dive ever and he gave it to me to hold it then he told me to put it back where I found it. Is holding a starfish harmful/dangerous????

That picture of me lying on coral. That was an already damaged coral. possibly by fishermen. I happened to be there and I took a picture, that's all.

You really don't get it, do you?

:shakehead:

Reading the thread, I was thinking maybe you genuinely doesn't know what he does and you will understand reading the answers, but you lost the little credit you still had by writting this:

Reading the thread, I was thinking maybe you genuinely doesn't know what he does and you will understand reading the answers, but you lost the little credit you still had by writting this:

We have strict rules here in the Arabian gulf that prohibit illegal fishing. I was not the one who damaged the coral and I will never do and if I saw those fishermen I would report them immediately. The picture that Hemlon is referring to is this one

DSC00612.JPG

Do you think I can do all of that?? and why???

People, please understand, I just caught that fish took pictures and released it. No damage was done to the coral ever.

Back
Top Bottom