Catching & Keeping Ornamental Marine Tropical Fish and Invertebrates for Your Home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nereus,
I'm heading down to Lauderdale By The Sea this weekend to do some fish collecting for my breeding tanks. If your interested in learning about collecting marine tropicals come on down.

Gary

How about some additional sections: ethics, environmental impact, social perceptions, stewardship ...

Sorry, fish aren't "ornaments".

Good to see more people in line before me, though :wink:

Thanks for your comments...

We do cover most of your topics in class which are very important for new divers and marine aquarium hobbyist to understand. (see class notes below)

• Conservation
    • Reef care when collecting.
    • Protecting the reef ecosystem
    • Ornamental Marine Tropical Fish and Invertebrates AQUACULTURE. Re-seeding the reefs. We can put back more that we take out (Atlantic Species ONLY).
    • Suggested reading: The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes by Matthew L. Wittenrich.
    • Today only about 10% of marine aquarium fish are captive raised while 90% of the freshwater species are. Hobbyist can start to change those statistics.
    • Invasive Pacific Ornamental Marine Tropical Fish. What happened? What will happen? Never introduce a Pacific fish into the Atlantic Ocean.

How about some additional sections: ethics, environmental impact, social perceptions, stewardship ...

Sorry, fish aren't "ornaments".

Good to see more people in line before me, though :wink:

They can be, just hook them onto your Christmas tree:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I get your meaning, just "couldn't resist mate..." (apologizes to Cpt. Jack Sparrow).:lotsalove:

Are you going to have this class again anytime soon? I am in Jacksonville and would love to take this class...

I think C & N Divers is scheduling another class the middle of next month, I'll let you know when I get the dates. Also, I am collecting breeding pairs on collecting trips to south Florida a couple times a month and you are welcome to join us.

I think C & N Divers is scheduling another class the middle of next month, I'll let you know when I get the dates. Also, I am collecting breeding pairs on collecting trips to south Florida a couple times a month and you are welcome to join us.

I'm interested in going out and learning how to do this. I have a couple of aquariums at home I could fill. Let the others say what they want but the last time I checked humans were at the top of the food chain!!!!!!! Next time you want to bitch and complain about people having ornamental pets go find one of those teenage girls that carry around little yappy dogs with clothing on it. NOW THAT'S JUST MEAN!!!!!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom