Cave Diver mishap Ginnie Springs 04SEP09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will seem like a very dumb question to you experienced cave divers, but I need to ask it to understand what I'm reading here. When looking at the map of the cave system, are you looking at it from the side (like it was an ant farm) or from directly above (like a road map)? I don't see anything on the map to indicate one way or the other.

'Road Map' projection. If it is the 'Ant Farm' they usually draw brick layers/trees.

Romo diver I like your thought on this I would like to believe my dad would have died thrying to find his friend insted of making a mistake he was not the type to make mistakes and he was not afraid to die he would have thought the risk was worth it.

Yes, people have been known to remove deco bottles from caves, causing the diver to come back and find he doesn't have his deco gas and must deco out on backgas (which is a much longer process, and hopefully he has the gas to do it). I always hope that the people who do this have no clue what the tank is for, and aren't just willfully taking gear and thinking, "So he gets bent, so what?"

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Referring back, way back, to July Springs impossible to exit…is it (and/or others like it) somehow formed one would be unable to get lips or nose into air? Too much green stuff clogging? Is it basically a drain w/o a stopper in the bottom of a pool?

Back
Top Bottom