Cave Diving - Instructor Level Training???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJ Waid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am still finishing up the rescue program, just getting ready to go into dive master.

I am going to go up through MSD-T while I am here in Michigan, but I am moving to Florida in September, ANYWAY... I want to get into Cave diving, BUT... I was wondering about the Instructor Level program, (PADI), I heard that it was a long and expensive program, but I didn't hear any specifics on it... Anyone know anything about it??? Thanks for any advice.

When you get to florida, speak to a few of the better known instructors here. Someone like Jim Wyatt, Johnny Richards, Larry Green, David Rhea, etc. Ask them their opinion on your plan. Perhaps one or more will be share their thoughts in this forum. We are lucky to have several of them on Scubaboard.

I am not a cave diver, yet. But, as I know, to take a cave instructor path you have at least 1000 cave dives or any relevant experience.

It is nothing like a week or a couple of month class as I know.

CJ Waid:
I am still finishing up the rescue program, just getting ready to go into dive master.

I am going to go up through MSD-T while I am here in Michigan, but I am moving to Florida in September, ANYWAY... I want to get into Cave diving, BUT... I was wondering about the Instructor Level program, (PADI), I heard that it was a long and expensive program, but I didn't hear any specifics on it... Anyone know anything about it??? Thanks for any advice.
It might be an idea to take cave diver training first then decide if you want to teach it.

wedivebc:
It might be an idea to take cave diver training first then decide if you want to teach it.
You... yeah, with the common sense... get outta here, we have no need for that!

Cave instruction is not something leisurely walked in to, come down, hang out, get lots of dives in and sit in with a lot of classes from different instructors, THEN see if you want to become a cave instructor.

OneBrightGator:
You... yeah, with the common sense... get outta here, we have no need for that!

Yeah, I had an AOW student last weekend who I think was planning on being a CCR trimix instructor by the end of the year.:shakehead

wedivebc:
Yeah, I had an AOW student last weekend who I think was planning on being a CCR trimix instructor by the end of the year.:shakehead

Its takes that long????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom