Cave Diving Show on Discovery HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaThor

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Did anyone catch the show on cave diving on Discovery HD Theater last night? Fascinating! Those dudes are crazy!

I watched it and DVRed it . . . going to try and figure a way to get it on DVD. . .

It was pretty cool to watch . . .

Dangit, I never catch this. Who was the group?

jhbrianiv, if you send me a tape (preferably SVHS) of the program, I'll send you a DVD of it for free.

PerroneFord:
Dangit, I never catch this. Who was the group?

jhbrianiv, if you send me a tape (preferably SVHS) of the program, I'll send you a DVD of it for free.
PM sent

As in who the divers were??

Give you two guesses as to who they were. . .

Hint it was filmed at Wakulla springs. . . and they are big on "team" diving :D

Wow... Is there anyway to get the tape or DVD :wink:

It was the Woodville Karst Plain Project...hardcore GUE. Dive Nazis. :)
Pretty cool stuff though...for the deepest exploration dive, they had their support team stage 87 bottles and 36 scooters - FOR A TEAM OF TWO DIVERS!
Kind of cool to see that Discovery would show something like this and not "dumb it down" for the masses.

Here's the upcoming schedule from DiscHD for those of us that missed it:

On Air (et):

OCT 11 2006
@ 05:00 PM

OCT 15 2006
@ 01:00 PM

OCT 21 2006
@ 01:00 PM

Ah ok.

I didn't know if it was the guys doing the work in France, or if it was the Mexico guys, or the EKPP, or WKPP.

I guess I missed the weekend Discovery was there. But I went down for the first big push dive this spring, and as impressive as it must look on TV, being there was surreal. Just seeing how it's all organized, and watching the handtrucks go back and forth, with scooters, rebreathers, staging tanks, backgas, deco bottles, etc, etc. Truly amazing.

I consider myself TRULY fortunate to live 30 minutes from the WKPP. But I'd encourage ANYONE interested in that kind of diving, to come see it live. It has changed the way I approach my diving.

As an interesting (to me) sidenote, I bumped into Chris Elmore at our LDS recently and I told him about the HD program being discussed (it's been on for awhile). He had JUST returned from being part of a group that had just reset the record of exloration into the Florida cave system. Crazy stuff.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom