Cavern vs. Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you trying to say you're teaching him to be evil? :popcorn:

Padawans ruin everyone's day eventually

DarthMat.jpg

Tom doesn't need to be taught to be evil......a little knowledge goes a long way. leo5591 wasn't my original buddy in this thread, but he's turned out to be one of my favorite. Though he's a well seasoned diver, he's a newb on SB....forgive him, for he knows not what he does.

Tom doesn't need to be taught to be evil......a little knowledge goes a long way. leo5591 wasn't my original buddy in this thread, but he's turned out to be one of my favorite. Though he's a well seasoned diver, he's a newb on SB....forgive him, for he knows not what he does.

Jupitermaid,

I followed this thread with "fear in my heart for you". I am not a cavern or cave diver (so I did not give advice, but waited and read posts from some experienced sages), just a Pacific NW cold murky ocean/bay diver, but it really sounded like your might dive with a person who was quite dangerous. But there was no follow-up about what happened that weekend. Would you please give an update.

drdaddy (over-protective, my children tell me)

P.S. Aren't grandchildren wonderful?!!!!

Yes, grandchildren ARE wonderful! Thanks for caring and wondering about the outcome. Due to the sage advice from the fantastic SB members gave me, I canned the dive, canned the "friend," went to my LDS and bought all the gear I needed to dive. I had 29 dives under my belt when I started this thread, and now have over 450! I have wonderful dive buddies from all over the country (again, thanks to SB), and have not looked back.

Yes, I probably would have wound up a statistic if I listened to my "friend" and went with him that weekend. When you're involved in a dangerous relationship you don't really recognize it until you're out of it. I can't believe I ever trusted him to the extent I did in so many areas of my life. I am so thankful for the SB'ers that didn't give up on me when I was being stupid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom