Cavern vs. Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just looking at my calendar, I see that the weekend of 1-2 December we'll be at Jackson Blue with some cavern divers. JB's the prettiest and safest cavern I know of; you're welcome to join us.
Rick

Just looking at my calendar, I see that the weekend of 1-2 December we'll be at Jackson Blue with some cavern divers. JB's the prettiest and safest cavern I know of; you're welcome to join us.
Rick

I would take him up on that if I were you.......Jackson Blue was where I did my cavern class.....and my first cave dive. It is a beautiful cavern with plenty to see, it is a larger cavern so you won't get bored with it easily. Spend some time with people like this that are willing to give you the kind of experience you need before moving along into another level of diving.

Thanks....I think I WILL be taking him up on the offer. I want to dive with responsible people and have heard that Jackson Blue is a gorgeous dive. Rick sounds like a clear-headed individual and from all I've read I already trust him and his judgements. In the meantime, anybody interested in diving the Jupiter reefs or know of other areas in Florida they'd be interested in buddying up with me to dive? I'm available on most weekends, and all the holidays that the kids off from school.

Thanks....I think I WILL be taking him up on the offer. I want to dive with responsible people and have heard that Jackson Blue is a gorgeous dive. Rick sounds like a clear-headed individual and from all I've read I already trust him and his judgements. In the meantime, anybody interested in diving the Jupiter reefs or know of other areas in Florida they'd be interested in buddying up with me to dive? I'm available on most weekends, and all the holidays that the kids off from school.

Jupiter is one of my favorite dives, you are also welcome to dive anytime with my group. We love to take a break from cave diving and do only cavern dives, sometimes everyone forgets how much there is to see in the cavern zone. All you need to do is send me a pm when you want to go to Ginnie, Peacock, etc. I promise we will not leave you or let you get out of our sight at anytime.

jupiter - see you at JB :D

Are you OK checking in at the Sheriffs Office with a cavern card or do you need a cave card?

Seems there has been some uncertainty about that in the past ??

100% sure you can dive Jackson Blue with a simple cavern card :D Not that its an issue now.

I have a LITTLE bit of spare gear, and I am willing to do some OW spring dives in the Orlando area with you. Or, if you feel ready, Paradise Springs has a really nice cavern that we could check out. And I am really obsessive about staying with my buddy.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Our young Padawan has much to learn here.

Master_Padawan.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom