CBR Revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just back from my fourth trip with Crystal Blue Resort.

Unfortunately I caught a cold after 4 days and was too sick to dive for the rest of the week.

The weather was not that great initially, overcast and raining several times when we surfaced. I only brought a 3mm suit and water temps were 26C, two years ago (a week later) we had 27/28C. It did warm up and the sun came out by Wednesday, but by then I was shivering in bed with a high fever feeling quite pissed off with myself.

Next year I'll be bringing a 5mm, as most dives were no less than 80 mins.

I also felt that the critter count was down a lot from previous years. The guide I had been allocated wasn't particularly great to be honest, I was finding more stuff than he was, plus what he did find I could barely see!

It took the best part of two days diving to make him understand I don't want to photograph things less than 5mm in size.

You know something is not going right when you photograph more frogfish than nudibranchs on one dive!

On a major plus side, the food at CBR is just getting better and the staff there are magnificent, providing me with unlimited Calamansi when I was sick. Fortunately I had a full medical bag with me so that helped too.

In the end I only did 8 dives from Sat-Tue

The area around Buceo Anilao (Secret Bay?) had a 1m deep milky covering all around, has anyone else seen this recently?

Some pics

full

full

full

full

I feel your pain, regarding being sick on a dive trip!! Refer to my Mike's Resort trip report. It really SUCKS!!!

It appears that March is just a bad month in terms of critters. We were there in March 2017 and the critter count was poor.
But making a generalization on two data points is not exactly sound science! :wink:

FYI Secret Bay is on the southern side of the headland to Buceo. 1m Milky covering?? That sounds a tad yuck!! Hope it wasn't some sort of chemical runoff!

1m Milky covering?? That sounds a tad yuck!! Hope it wasn't some sort of chemical runoff!

No idea what was causing it, I should have taken a sample and brought it back with me for analysis, but then again maybe it's better I didn't :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom