Cenote day trip from CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
Who would you recommend or who does Cenote day trips to the mainland and whats the approx cost? Thanks

Who would you recommend or who does Cenote day trips to the mainland and whats the approx cost? Thanks

This can easily be arranged with your dive operator once you are on the island.

What are your travel dates?

First remember you need to add in the cost of the ferry over to the Mainland.

I can recommend Nicholas at Cenotexperience. Great guy and he now has a shop in PDC.
CenoteXperience

his prices are here; Precios CenoteXperience
pretty standard price range

we used him a few years back and really need to go back over, great guy and very safe.

I second Cenote Xperience. Great guides and will pick you up at the ferry in front of Senior Frogs. Cant wait to Dive with them in June!

Have a look at "Beyond Diving" before you make your final decision. Small, family owned/operated business with great gear and personal service. I'm a but biased because the owner lived in Toronto for a while :) Erik will show you a great/safe time and you won't regret booking with him.

Who are you diving with in Coz? I believe quite a few of the dive ops can arrange a day on the mainland for you, and some have the prices for that on their websites.

We did it both ways. We did two days where we took the ferry over, took a taxi to the dive op, and then went on our tours, and one day arranged by Aldora. As I recall, the costs in the end were similar both ways, but the Aldora trip was very easy and included some lunch.

My son and I dived the cenotes one day with Aldora, it worked out beautifully and was fully worth the time, effort, and money. We had an absolutely fantastic guide named Mateo

---------- Post added May 5th, 2014 at 02:10 PM ----------

I believe TSandM may have dived with Mateo also

Haven't decided yet... hence I asked for a good reputable OP, will decide on the day of my arrival :)
Who are you diving with in Coz? I believe quite a few of the dive ops can arrange a day on the mainland for you, and some have the prices for that on their websites.

We did it both ways. We did two days where we took the ferry over, took a taxi to the dive op, and then went on our tours, and one day arranged by Aldora. As I recall, the costs in the end were similar both ways, but the Aldora trip was very easy and included some lunch.

Diablo Divers | cavern ? cave | experience ? education.I've had 2 great experiences doing this trip (and another week) with Dennis @Diablo Divers.
Pick-up at ferry, 2-3 great dives, Paco's Tacos for lunch, drop of at the ferry. Excellent days!
*Even got my wife to/from the Spa Palace while we were diving.

My opinion: Avoid the Chac Mool cenotes. When I did it the halocline was churned up and it was like diving in a water/vinegar solution most of the dive.

Back
Top Bottom