Censorship and SB..how far are we going to take this???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is maybe material for another feedback thread but what’s the point of the “thanks”? Isn’t that if anything a little 5th grade gold star system? Especially when they are often just used to show whose pal you are or whose jokes you laugh at? This thread is a good example. Guess it’s no harm but since I never used them I want to know if I as a regular member can also keep on giving and then withdrawing them “to make a point”?? Or do I need special powers for that kind of advanced behavioral modification? …
I thought of the "Thanks" system as a way to agree with a post without having to actually submit a post just agreeing with someone. But since there is no reward for having thank yous on your posts, who cares if someone's cronies all thank them for a post? I doubt there is any system where you can guarantee someone won't try to use it for their own gain.
Correct. It is meant to allow our users to indicate good content but if someone wants to thank anything in sight, that's possible too.

I've restricted the use of "Thanks" to the Diving Related forums and Site Support.

Back
Top Bottom