Certification Problems...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the input. It has been very helpfull. I FINALLY got in touch with the instructor. He had a very good reason for not being available. (I still wish he let us know what was going on rather than keep us hanging). We will be going diving this weekend with him to get our cert. :D

As far as diving on our own goes, I'm not sure what the deal was but it doesn't appear as if it's going to happen that way. Either I misunderstood him or he changed his mind. Either way, I think you were all right as far that issue was concerned, but it seems a moot point now. I'm just thrilled to be getting my C-card.

Thanks for all the help and info. I will definately keep it all in mind for future classes regardless of who teaches them.

ucladiver.

Hiya.

Since you did it "NAUI", there's a program called "refferal training", that NAUI is a member of. What this program is, is very simple-it's a program in which you start a diving course in one place, can continue in another place, than another, and in the end you return to the original place, just to recive the c-card.

Waht you should do is-contact the dive-center in which you were connected to this instructor, and ask them for "Refferall" envelope, filled with all of the details of your course and your achievements. NOW- this might prove a little tricky, becouse as you said the instructor was hardly related to this center, which means they probobly do not hold your training record, so you'll might have to pull some muscle here, and threaten to ask your money back. I belive they will aventuraly agree to it. Than you will be able, to go to any other shop, that is a memebr of this program (I know NAUI, SSI and PDIC are mebers, i think also YMCA is a member, PADI is not a member) no matter what organization, as long as they are mebers. you'll have to complete the last dive, probobly with one or two more check dives. This will cost some money, but will be cheaper and quicker than doing the whole course again.

Good luck!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom