Chamber Day 2006 - Open for Business!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ch-Day_06_pocket_logo_color_-_200.jpg

We just passed $13,000 and we've still got plenty of room for more.

Many thanks to a generous Gold-level donation from Drs. Ron & Sue Bangasser, a Silver-level donation from Horizon Charters, and also contributions from Richard Gayou (captain of the Sea Bass), Aqua Adventures, Michael Malden, and Cheryl Tinney.

We've got exactly one week to go until we wrap this whole thing up but we're still a long ways from the finish line. Our Catalina Chamber provides a needed safety net for all of us who dive here in SoCal and your $100 (or more . . . or less) contribution helps insure that the Chamber will be there when and if we should ever need it. It would be nice is we could just pretend that we don't need such a facility, but we all know the reality simply is that our Chamber saves lives. And that's worth supporting with a donation.

So who's up to the Challenge? Who‘s going to push us over $14,000?? WHO'S NEXT?????

CHAMBER CHALLENGE 2006 - $13,150 total
(Updated 4/26/06 @ 4:45PM - last updated 4/24)

Gold ($1,000 and up)
Drs. Ron & Sue Bangasser
Dive Vets
Sport Chalet
Michael Emmerman & Pat Stockhausen
Ocean Institute
Kendal Raine

Silver ($500-999)
Horizon Charters
Jim Krasne
Whalers Dive Club
Karl Huggins

Bronze ($100-499)
Richard Gayou - Sea Bass
Aqua Adventures
Michael Madden
Cheryl Tinney
Aggressor Fleet
Sea Divers
Indianvalleyscuba.com
Mark Lacaillade
Diving Charters, Inc. - Sand Dollar
Craig Oberlin
Frank O'Donnell
Burbank Dive Club
Chris Rybak
Conoco-Phillips (matching grant)
Michael & Alice Reedy
Elaine Jobin
Robert & Laura Mosqueda
JP Pylkkanen & Mary-Lou Quinn
SoBay Jim
Tina & Alberto Mantovani
Jeff Lichtenstein
Jerry Nickelsburg
Scott Cox
Diver.net
Gary Romanik
Jeff Mandel
Susy Horowitz
Tessa Alburn
Michael Gallagher
Debbie & Derek Karimoto
Michael Swinney
Frank O'Donnell
Ocean Adventures

Other (less than $100)
Karen Cleveland
Sachiko Ewald-Streit
Walt Schob

Ken Kurtis
Chairman, Chamber Day/Eve 2006
www.chamberday.org

CHAMBER DAY/EVE EVENT UPDATE #5 (4/28/06 - last posted 4/26)

We're in the final stages (throes???) of Chamber Day. We've still got work to do and still need you to get involved by signing up for a boat (the Dutchman still has PLENTY of spots), making a contribution to the Challenge, or buying raffle tickets.

Also check out the website and look at our first Blind Bid Auction item, a Spare Air 3.0. Put it your best bid and keep your fingers crossed!!!

Here’s where things stand as of Friday, April 28 @ 1:15PM:

BOATS (sponsor):

Only 23 boat spots left as of right now!!!

Aquatica (Douglas Dive Club & Dive ‘N Surf) - 1 available
Bottom Scratcher (Open) - SOLD OUT
Cee Ray (Reef Seekers) - 3 available
Flying Dutchman (Open) - 80 so far and unlimited spaces left (plus you get a t-shirt & a posters!!!!)
Great Escape (Open) - SOLD OUT
Island Time (Sport Chalet) - 9 available
Magician (Sport Chalet) - SOLD OUT
Mr. C (Ca Wreck Divers) - 5 available
Pacific Star (Scuba Schools of America) - 5 available
Psalty V (Scuba Schools of America) - SOLD OUT
Sea Bass (Grant Graves) - SOLD OUT
Second Stage (Scuba Schools of America) - SOLD OUT
Sundiver (Ocean Adventures) - SOLD OUT
Sundiver II (Ken Kurtis) - SOLD OUT

CHAMBER EVENING - 460 seats (SOLD OUT!!!!!!)
(Table sponsor & total seats):
Open table (20) - SOLD OUT
Catalina Conservancy Divers (10) - SOLD OUT
Aqua Adventures (10) - SOLD OUT
Haven’s Reef (10) - SOLD OUT
Reef Seekers (20) - SOLD OUT
Sole Searchers (10) - SOLD OUT
Scuba Schools of America (40) - SOLD OUT
Hollywoodivers (10) - SOLD OUT
OBDC Women’s Dive Club (10) - SOLD OUT
Tom Wetzel/LACUIA (10) - SOLD OUT
Burbank Dive Club (20) - SOLD OUT
ScubaDiverNet.com (10) - SOLD OUT
Ocean Institute (20) - SOLD OUT
Blue Water Dive Club (14) - SOLD OUT
Laguna Sea Sports (30) - SOLD OUT
Grant Graves (10) - SOLD OUT
Eco Dive Center (50) - SOLD OUT
Xpress Graphics (10) - SOLD OUT
South Coast Divers (10) - SOLD OUT
DDD Club (20) - SOLD OUT
Scubaboard.com (10) - SOLD OUT
Ocean Adventures (10) - SOLD OUT
Barnacle Busters (20) - SOLD OUT
Sport Chalet (30) - SOLD OUT
Deep Sea Supply (10) - SOLD OUT
Antelope Valley Divers (10) - SOLD OUT
Boat Captains & crew (30) - NOT FOR SALE
Chamber Guests (10) - NOT FOR SALE

Many thanks. This is the first year we've sold out this far ahead of time.

CHAMBER CHALLENGE
We’ll update this one separately but as of 4/28 @ 1:15PM we’re at $14,075. Plus we’ve also got the Leon Slavin Memorial Fund (a Reef Seekers Diver who died - non-diving - suddenyl a month ago) and we’ll add that total in on Chamber Evening, and it will be significant. But we’ve still got a ways to go to beat the $23K we did last year. With your help - we can do it.

MURALS & INDIVIDUAL TILES
We’ve already sold 22 full murals ($500 each) and 44 individual tiles. These are great keepsakes and truly collectibles. They also make nice gifts.

So that’s where we are. Give us a call at 310/52-4990 or go to the website at www.chamberday.org and get involved. We'll keep you posted and, as always, we thank you for your support.

Ken Kurtis

FD_bevel_500.jpg

When you sign up for the Flying Dutchman on Chamber Day, you will get BOTH a limited-edition Flying Dutchman t-shirt (available ONLY to those who dive the Dutchman) AND a Flying Dutchman poster, suitable for framing.

However, I don't think we've been clear enough in pointing out that we won't be sending these out until AFTER Chamber Day. The reason is that we don't get all of these printed up until we know exactly how many we need and what the sizes are. But we hope to have the shirts & posters in your hands by the end of May.

In the meantime, you've still got time to sign up for the Dutchman, either by calling us at 310/652-4990 or by doing it through the website at www.chamberday.org .

Thanks for the support.

Ken Kurtis

We're right at $15,000 as we head into the final stretch.

And it just goes to show how a lot of donations can add up to a big one. We got a total of almost $2000 since our last update from 11 donors, including Stacy Friedowitz (matching grant), Jonathan Kehr, Malibu Divers, Hal Frankl, Jeff Hunter, Walker Berwick, Barnacle Busters, Ann McCourt, Lisa Mercier, and Deborah Butt (who lives in New Hampshire but still support our Chamber).

These folks understand the value our Chamber provides to the local diving community and they know that their contribution makes a difference. How about you? Are you willing to step forth and support your Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber? We've still got time to get you on the list.

So who's up to the Challenge? Who‘s going to push us over $16,000?? WHO'S NEXT?????

CHAMBER CHALLENGE 2006 - $15,000 total
(Updated 4/29/06 @ 7:00PM - last updated 4/26)

Gold ($1,000 and up)
Drs. Ron & Sue Bangasser
Dive Vets
Sport Chalet
Michael Emmerman & Pat Stockhausen
Ocean Institute
Kendal Raine

Silver ($500-999)
Stacy Friedowitz (matching grant)
Horizon Charters
Jim Krasne
Whalers Dive Club
Karl Huggins

Bronze ($100-499)
Jonathan Kehr
Malibu Divers
Hal Frankl
Jeff Hunter
Walker Berwick
Barnacle Busters
Ann McCourt
Lisa Mercier
Richard Gayou - Sea Bass
Aqua Adventures
Michael Madden
Cheryl Tinney
Aggressor Fleet
Sea Divers
Indianvalleyscuba.com
Mark Lacaillade
Diving Charters, Inc. - Sand Dollar
Craig Oberlin
Frank O'Donnell
Burbank Dive Club
Chris Rybak
Conoco-Phillips (matching grant)
Michael & Alice Reedy
Elaine Jobin
Robert & Laura Mosqueda
JP Pylkkanen & Mary-Lou Quinn
SoBay Jim
Tina & Alberto Mantovani
Jeff Lichtenstein
Jerry Nickelsburg
Scott Cox
Diver.net
Gary Romanik
Jeff Mandel
Susy Horowitz
Tessa Alburn
Michael Gallagher
Debbie & Derek Karimoto
Michael Swinney
Frank O'Donnell
Ocean Adventures

Other (less than $100)
Deborah Butt
Karen Cleveland
Sachiko Ewald-Streit
Walt Schob

Ken Kurtis
www.chamberday.org

Ch-Day_06_poster_300_pixels_high.jpg

A diver has to work and transferred himself to the Flying Dutchman. So we have ONE spot available on the Great Escape for Chamber Day. (This Wednesday, for the uninitiated.) Call us at 310/652-4990 if you want it. First come, first serve.

excelent thanks ChrisM. i am really looking forward to it. and just as a warning my buddy and i are newbies so we will try our best to not mess up but if we do don't be afraid to laugh :wink:

Codyjp,

Are you and your buddy on the Sundiver or the Sundiver II? Since you're a new diver and since the Sundiver II is not well-known yet, I want to make sure you get to the correct boat!! (And maybe I want to know if a newbie is on our boat!) :D

humm. good question. i believe the sundiver but i will double check with that. it would be bad if i was on the wrong boat :(. so does that mean i will be on your boat? i promise to try my best to not look like a beginner! (i suddenly feel like one of my student pilots! as a flight instructor it is so funny to be the newbie) :wink:

kelphelper:
Codyjp,

Are you and your buddy on the Sundiver or the Sundiver II? Since you're a new diver and since the Sundiver II is not well-known yet, I want to make sure you get to the correct boat!! (And maybe I want to know if a newbie is on our boat!) :D

I will be on the original Sundiver docked at Alamitos Bay so if you're on that one I will meet you Wednesday!

Don't worry about being new. It is better to be new and admit it than to try to pass yourself off as a seasoned diver when you're not. Either boat, you'll have a blast!

Back
Top Bottom