Chamber dive today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah that will truly tell the tale. Did you notice the density of the air @ 130?

The reason I asked, the density of the air was the main thing my buddy/wife and I noticed when we did our Deep Cert in Cozumel. It was very clear, bright and great viz those 2 days.

Sounds like a cool experience.
Your dive profile looks exemplary. Perfect buoyancy and incredible descent and ascent speed control and consistency. I commend you and your instructors on you buoyancy control. :) :) :)
Everyone have their snorkels?

Nope! And I dislike having to use one in class, but when you're doing stuff like surface nav exercises, there's no choice in the matter.

Same mass in a smaller space will "feel heavier".

- Bill
Yeah, that's what the "huh?" was about.
I was thinking that was probably so (what you said): It felt heavier, because the balloon was smaller at the same weight. I think the same weight at least. As a light rigid, in compressible object it should have become lighter in the heavier air, but as a balloon it was likely compressed all the same as the air... I think, thus the same weight. Just a matter of feel. Then I thought a latex helium ballon might be interesting too, to see how different Gases maybe compress differently - or the same? Long forgotten stuff that maybe I should refresh. Anyway, then, I just summarized all the wonderings to "huh?" To find out what Marie really meant.

Would be interesting to do some day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom