Change in Plans...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to inform everyone on this board, that I was recently fired from East Coast Divers. So, if you go in there, or call looking for me, I am obviously not going to be there anymore...

As to why I got fired? Well, thats an interesting story. The owner and I had a nice chat (preceding to me being fired) in which multiple things were brought up. Including the following issue:

The one issue that was interesting was the fact that a few days previous, I had expressed MY opinion on another board, and I was confronted about it by a manufacturer's rep and the owner of ECD. This rep had read a comment that I made about a product, and decided to call the owner of the store to tell him about it. I was then called by the owner and told that I needed to watch what I say online.

In other words, because I was an employee of a dive shop that sold product "x" I can not say anything deregotory about that product, or even speak my mind about the quality or performance of said product...

This was made apparent to me on the phone, and in the chat I had with the owner... I made it clear to the owner, that I was not going to censor myself, and keep some of my opinions to myself. Most of you that know me, know that I am a very outspoken person, and you will hear exactly what is on my mind...

Well, this time it cost me my job...

Also, just wanted to say that I am going to be moving to western Mass for the winter, and then heading to Florida in the early part of next year... WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyways, to all of my former customers, I would like to say thank you, and good luck in your future endeavours...

Yeah, thats basically what it boiled down to...

I am moving on to bigger and better things...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom